Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Amulet device for LAA closure

Posted by redalfa1961 
Amulet device for LAA closure
November 07, 2017 02:46PM
Hello, I am a patient of Dr. Vjendra Swarup and have consulted with him in regards to LAA occlusion procedure. I understand he has one of the highest volumes of Watchman implants in the country. He is interested in enrolling me in a blinded study where 50% patients get Watchman, 50% get Amulet. He is apparently a proctor for Amulet placements with other physicians. Based on my conversation with him, he seemed to favor the design of the Amulet (although has good results with Watchman). I guess the Amulet is approved in Europe and Australia, is pending FDA approval in the US. Not sure what to do, any advice or experiences would be much appreciated. This forum is very helpful. Thanks much in advance
Re: Amulet device for LAA closure
November 09, 2017 05:16PM
If this was offered to me and the Watchman was denied by my insurance, I would probably participate, after talking to my doctors and learning as much as possible about the amulet. Assuming the amulet is thus far on par with the Watchman. Lots of questions to ask. First one, off the top of my head....does your doctor have a financial interest in the amulet? How many amulets has he placed? What has been the complication rate?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login