Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Possible help for VMAFibbers

Posted by Buster 
Buster
Possible help for VMAFibbers
November 06, 2003 07:35AM
Untill several months ago, I had been controlling my mixed AFib occurrences reasonably well with 100mg flecainide 2x/day, a beta blocker, and 400 mg mag glycinate 2x/day. In August the breakthroughs jumped from once a week to more than every other day (actually night, since all occurred at night).
After experimenting with various supplements, I found that by adding 1500-2000 mg of L-Arginine; 500-1000mg of Taurine; and another 400mg of magnesium glycinate to what I was already taking, I have been able to completely eliminate ectopics and breakthroughs at night. I take the supplements just before I go to bed.
This has worked for more than two months. I have no idea how long it will continue, but it has been a blessing so far. For the longer run I am sending my medical records to CCF in anticipation of a PVI ablation.

Buster
mixed 63
Richard
Re: Possible help for VMAFibbers
November 06, 2003 08:07AM
This is very interesting, Buster. The arginine is helping with nitric oxide and the taurine is delivering sulfur to your system, as well as being very good for the heart. The Mg. goes unsaid, as to its benefits, but the glycine in the Mg. could be beneficial, as well. Here's a link I shared with Hans in the conf. room, that you may find of interest about nitric oxide, and how it pertains to acetylcholine.

[www.jphysiol.org]

Keep us posted on your success, and don't give up if something should change. Also, make sure you're hydrating. Here's a site to purchase free form aminos direct from the lab, and the prices are good. www.jomarlabs.com

There's some good info. as well.

Thanks again.
Richard
Michael in San Fran
November 06, 2003 02:38PM
Yeah this is very interesting. Keep us posted.
Carol
November 07, 2003 01:01AM
Hello, Buster
I am interested in the combination of supplements that you mention above.

Tell me, do you take all 800 mg. of magnesium before going to bed?

And, are you taking magnesium glycinate without calcium?

Thanks.
Carol
Buster
November 07, 2003 08:14AM
Carol.
I take 400 mg in the am, 400 before dinner and the final 400 just before going to bed. I take the KAL brand which I do not believe has any calcium in it

Buster
Carol
November 07, 2003 09:36AM
Buster,
Am I correct in understanding that you're taking a total of 1,200 mg. of magnesium glycinate a day? That is a lot. That amount doesn't affect your gi track?

Sorry to keep bothering you about this.
Thank you.
Carol
Buster
November 08, 2003 03:19AM
Carol,
That's the correct amount and, unlike many other magnesium compounds, it has no effect on my gi track. It's certainly no bother to share information.
Buster
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login