Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Update: Ablation 5.5 yrs ago

Posted by Poppino 
Update: Ablation 5.5 yrs ago
October 19, 2017 01:24PM
Its been a long time since I posted: My fib began Jan 2006 after pneumonia/levaquin , I was cardioverted 10 times in 7 yrs so I gave up and had a PVI/Flutter ablation Aug 21, 2012 by Warren Holshouser here in Charlotte NC........since Ive had maybe 2 very short episodes a yr of 30 secs to 90 mins, no meds till this past yr, I take 20-40 mg of propananol everyday, well this past Sun night after a 5 day driving trip to Grand Rapids MI to deliver furniture to our son in a big truck (Im 64 lift weights, weight 162) but very stressful and drank no water hardly much less my usual regime, got back late Sat night, on Sun night I went into afib, took 2 225 propafanone and morphed into flutter......got cardioverted 17 hrs later , amazingly Holshouser was in the cath lab so he did it, afterwards he said looks like left side flutter?

I spoke at length with Shannon yesterday as Holshouser indicated that the LAA and L Flutter are difficult, so IDK? Natale may be in my future should this arise, did the Propafanone cause the flutter, do I now have L Flutter? after 5+ yrs? I have to say Ive had 5 great yrs now this.......I definitely still get a little afib Im also not a good boy as I drink some beer ea night one or two........and don't optimize my electrolytes like I use to..........my ablation was for 5 pulm veins, right flutter and the superior vena cava.......did great back in gym 13 days later, yes Im a mental case

Great to have u to vent to as Im aware of this hell all to well like you all do, special thanks to Jackie and Shannon, Godsends! special people

Tom P
Weddington NC
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login