Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Haven't been here in awhile

Posted by Jim Weideman 
Haven't been here in awhile
September 21, 2017 03:41PM
I had a Natalie ablation in Oct 2003 & have been afib free since; however, I am now having more periods of PVC's. I think I remember this time back in the 90's.before I started going into AF. Of course, I know about Potassium, Taurine, & Magnesium, but have only been taking once a day at night, and probably will start taking maybe 3 X day. I'm wondering what others are now doing for PVC, PAC's. Thanks for any input. Jim W.
Re: Haven't been here in awhile
September 22, 2017 01:21PM
Jim

I had my ablation in Bordeaux in January 2003 and have been in nsr since then, but I have always had a lot of ectopic beats - once there were almost 8000 on a 24 hour Holter. Although the doctors said they were harmless they were very uncomfortable, like being kicked in the chest every few minutes.

After much trial and error I have 'tamed' them with my own version of Hans's PAC tamer (his recipe was too high in calories for me). I mix potassium gluconate powder, taurine powder and d-ribose powder into Waller water, then when the powders have dissolved I add apple cider vinegar. I vary the quantity of Waller water to bowel tolerance.

At first I thought the ectopics had disappeared but another Holter still showed a high number, I just didn't feel them any more. I've been doing this for many years now and it seems to work well for me.

Gill
September 23, 2017 06:16AM
I have had alot of PAC's I noticed that Beta-Blockers helped some. I know some say there are not suppossed to, but I am certain of my experience. I recently started using Diltiazem, especially for the Palpitations I occasionally get at night. It seems to been very helpful, but I have not done this many times. I like the Diltiazem better than Beta-Blockers, because there is not any sedative effect for me.
September 23, 2017 09:17AM
Well, Hello, Jim. It certainly has been a while and how great for you!!!

I had some reconnections and new a-flutter activity that brought about ablation #2 in 2014 so I didn't get as much mileage out of my 2003 ablation as you have, but I certainly enjoyed what I did have.

With your extra activity, you may find that just increasing your doses to several times a day will help. Certainly worth a try. As Gill notes, if you aren't using the magnesium bicarbonate concentrate (aka Waller Water or WW)... that's definitely worth trying because the alkalizing properties really do help and that particular magnesium ion is very beneficial.

Best to you,
Jackie
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login