Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Digoxin

Posted by dmoehle 
Digoxin
September 20, 2017 12:18PM
I was taking a small dose (.125) of Digoxin for almost 5 years and stopped taking it 3 years when I moved and changed Cardiologists. AFib became more symptomatic for me since then. And, as a result I had my 2nd Cardioversion about a month ago followed by a failed introduction of Sotalol for approx 10 days post Cardiovert. While in sinus rhythm, my brand new Caridiologist started me on Tikosyn, with the required 3-day monitoring in the hospital. While on Tikosyn for approx 6days, went back into AFib with a very fast heart rate. Admitted to hospital and was on Cardizem drip for another 3 days until my EP performed an ablation one week ago. After release from hospital was told to start Digoxin (.25 daily) while continuing with Tikosyn (250 twice daily) until further notice. Follow up appt is not for another week with PA at Doctors office. Now I am concerned about taking Digoxin again after not taking it since 2014. WHAT SHOUD I DO ? I want to make sure that my first Ablation is successful but I don't want to take one singular dangerous drug such as Digoxin or take Digoxin in a poor combination with another AAD. I realize I am early into the "blanking period"....but need to maintain calm and make the best decisions on my behalf. Any help on how to proceed would be most beneficial.
Re: Digoxin
September 27, 2017 05:56AM
I would PM Shannon, he is the one who knows the Ablation process best. I know that Digoxin is not recommended here anymore for AFIB, but I don't know about right after an Ablation. Do you know how much experience the Dr. has doing Ablations?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login