Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Trichloroethylene

Posted by wolfpack 
Trichloroethylene
September 08, 2017 09:31PM
Trichloroethylene (TCE) is a chemical solvent used for degreasing metal parts. Until recently it was acceptable to dispose of it by simple dumping it onto the ground. It is water soluble and permeates groundwater.

I live in between two documented TCE hazard sites - one west and one east - and I have a well. As I understand it, TCE is carcinogenic and pro-arrhythmic. This is a long shot, but does anyone know anything about TCE, it's relation to AF, and groundwater testing?

[www.newsobserver.com]
[wakeforestgazette.com]

I live in between these two sites. The latter is (was) managed by some entity called the Wake Forest Industrial Development Corporation. There seem to be only two board members remaining, one of whom is John Rich, an attorney.

John Rich developed my neighborhood.

I smell a rat.
Re: Trichloroethylene
September 09, 2017 11:01AM
Wolfpack - That's really a huge concern. I am so sorry to read this.

Check this link confirming the arrhythmia connection...[www.cdc.gov] ....and take steps to have your water tested immediately by an impartial testing facility. You'll want to have reliable documentation as certainly, class action law suits will start to surface and you'll undoubtedly want to become involved with the process. Hopefully, you can locate reliable attorney.

Check also this for the association with TCE and your Raynaud's syndrome symptoms.
[search.yahoo.com]

Many people who have these types of chemical exposures benefit from chelation therapy which removes the toxins.

Jackie
September 10, 2017 11:01AM
I'll have the county come out and test the well. The Stony Hill neighborhood to the west of me was a few years back. Funny this is they had to threaten legal action against the state and federal governments to get them to even do anything. Crazy world we live in!

As I understand it, TCE migrates through the soil in sort of "plumes", which necessitates test wells all over the place. Mitigation would be a whole-house activated charcoal filter most likely.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/10/2017 11:02AM by wolfpack.
September 10, 2017 01:23PM
Yes. Definitely do that. Often testing is an ongoing process for your safety. A friend lives in a rural area where fracking contaminated the aquifers and ruined well water. As you say, the local and state agencies aren't all that helpful in protecting residents. That motivated her to join a group for helping residents with a safe water 'activist' type program to ensure they were protected. It's a frustrating and laborious endeavor. I wish you well with yours.

Jackie
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login