Very good article about Abnormal Heart Rhythm and suplements

Posted by CatalinRo 
Very good article about Abnormal Heart Rhythm and suplements
September 04, 2017 02:45AM
I do not know if I can post a link so yo can google for this

Abnormal Heart Rhythm? The Heart-Talk You and Your Doctor Need to Have
Re: Very good article about Abnormal Heart Rhythm and suplements
September 04, 2017 08:41AM
It's from 2011 and discusses many supplements frequently addressed here by Jackie and others.

Here's the link: [www.huffingtonpost.com]

Gordon
September 04, 2017 02:10PM
Yes, we read on here about those supplements that are helpful, but for me, I cannot take a lot of those supplements . I get Aura Migraines from some of them, a Potassium supplement will give me runs of AF. I do eat a lot of fruits and vegetables which I raise so maybe I don't need some of those supplements.

There are blood tests that we can take that will show what we are deficient in. I do take magnesium which I am on the lower end of, it is helpful. As for most of the other supplements that are listed in that report, I try to get from food.

Liz
September 05, 2017 01:48PM
Caitlin - thanks. Suzy Cohen typically provides very solid, useful information. Just keep in mind that supplement successes can be highly individualized depending on the patient and what underlying health issues need to be identified to limit some of the predictable reactions. As you've probably read here by now, generally and typically, afibbers are low or unbalanced in the core electrolytes or minerals that are key to assisting with electrical conduction. Very important is the form of the nutrient and what other additives might be included that might not be useful.

It helps to work with a certified nutritionist or a practitioner of functional medicine so nutrient testing can be done to evaluate your personal status. One example is the Metabolic Profile by Genova Diagnostics.[www.gdx.net] which helps guide you to individual areas of specific focus.

Since it's well accepted that most with arrhythmias are low in magnesium, starting with that nutrient in low doses is usually helpful - ramping up doses slowly to bowel tolerance can help. There are many archived posts on supplement use and the various forms that are preferable. If I can help direct you to some of those, please send am a PM.

Jackie
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login