Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Heat exhaustion

Posted by gmperf 
Heat exhaustion
September 01, 2017 11:43PM
Sept 3 it will be three years since my Dr Natale ablation for left atypical flutter. I havent used my Alivecore since the ablation. Thanks Dr Natale!

Today I had heat exhaustion. No fun at all. My heart was racing, I was light headed and dizzy. My muscles were shaky, my legs hardly would work, yet no afib or flutter. Took me about two hours to recover. I am still sensitivety to heat and have fatigue 10 hours later. Heart is still steady and at normal rate.

Here in California we are in the midst of another excessive heat warning. Many days of 100-115 degree highs. Today we had relatively high humidity. It has been a very long hot summer here. Be careful out there. Heat exhaustion can sneak up on you fairly quickly.
Re: Heat exhaustion
September 02, 2017 09:41AM
Thanks for the important warning. Very sorry you were affected and hope you are feeling better.
Even if it's not excessive heat temps, we still need to be very mindful so your alert is an important one,
especially for afibbers. It doesn't take long for the body to become overwhelmed.

You know all the good things to do so just give it time to normalize again... and be safe.

Best to you,
Jackie
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login