Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re-run

Posted by tsco 
Re-run
August 31, 2017 08:36PM
Hi everyone. Shannon / Jackie it's been a while. Ive enjoyed my peace over the past year but unfortunately I'm back. I knew at some point I'd be back just was hoping for a longer dyration. I'm 14 months post st David's. I have had a great summer. I've worked a lot in the sun including some strenuous tasks that I had missed thru the years. It has been so nice to just live. Unfortunately last night I had an episode that lasted about thirty minutes. Out of the blue just like old times....it hit me. Yes I have had hits and misses here and there over the past year but not extended like this. I must say the feeling of disappointment is a bit overwhelming. It takes me back 18 years ago to the beginning when an EP told me "these things seem to have memory". I hoping for a "one off" but .......... I have religiously taken my magnesium thru the year and really not doing anything any different. Seems my ablations (plural) get me a year to two like clock work. Hoping the best for everyone pray for a cure!!!
Re: Re-run
September 01, 2017 08:53AM
Well, hello tsco... sorry you've had a blip. I can understand to your disappointment. After my first Natale ablation and in the 3rd and 4th years, I had some breakthroughs and I felt the same way you do. However, I also realized I might have become a bit complacent and slacked off on my electrolytes. I increased those and all was calm again for seven more years.

You say 'worked a lot in the sun with strenuous tasks'.... so I must mention ... that you need to stay hydrated with plenty of pure water. Dehydration can affect the heart.

Along with that when you sweat a lot, you'll need to add some sodium (salt)... Salt is not a bad word. Your adrenals need salt and you need enough sodium for the sodium/potassium pumps and other cellular electrical communications. The preferred salt is Celtic or sea salt because it contains other natural minerals... but in a pinch, any salt will do.

Just remember that while magnesium is always very important, you also need potassium. It's easy to drink organic veggie juice for extra potassium or eat an orange. You can supplement with potassium citrate.... portable tabs or capsules.

There's another factor that might apply to your situation and that's if you work very hard and become too low in blood glucose or blood sugar. That can also stimulate an event. And the remedy for that is not to go too long without eating...preferably a meal or snack that contains mainly healthy fat and protein as that is sustaining and less likely to cause blood glucose issues. Watch the sugary snacks, high carb foods. Those mess up everything.

Send me a PM if I can help assess your dietary routine.

Just hang in there and think good thoughts because a couple of blips does not have to mean 'disaster.'

Best to you,
Jackie
September 02, 2017 03:07AM
Well tsco, as we discussed last year after your round one with Dr Natale for an AFIB/Flutter ablation, while I had hoped you might be one and done my sense was you could well be a two bagger, especially with the very tough atrial musculature you have that Dr Natale noted as a big reason for the prior reconnections..

And I mentioned too that in a case like yours the 2nd time with Dr N. would almost certainly do the trick .. plus the fact that you went a full 14 months as it was is a good sign too that you are near the barn,

I know your ablation report well and with your very thick atrial musculature we knew the odds were fair of needing one more zapper too with Dr Natale .. which will be your second with him for AFIB/Flutter. Its great when we are one and done with any EP, Dr Natale included, but I really like to see those second Natale ablations personally ... especially with challenging cases as these are often generally true touch ups that allow him to really zero in on the final culprits so often.

Cheers!
Shannon
September 02, 2017 09:34AM
Jackie, Shannon as always your work and help on here is so appreciated. Thank you for the responses. And yes Shannon I respect your knowledge of all this you are usually spot on. I was hoping for the best as always. We will see what the future brings. If you need help with anything let me know. Bless you both
September 03, 2017 03:55PM
Praying for you Tsco. I went 26 months with my First Ablation with Dr. Natale. I believe me and you were real close last year when I had my 2nd
Ablation done with Dr. Natale. I believe mine was June 16,2017 or close to that date.
So far, everything is Great. My LAA was isolated the second time.
Do not get down; You will overcome this. You have the Best EP working on you and the support of some fine people on this website.
If I can help you in anyway, let me know.
David aka smackman
September 04, 2017 09:31AM
Will try to connect with you today (Labor Day) Tsco and check in, Have a relaxing holiday!

Shannon
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login