Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

nattokinase for stroke risk

Posted by Herman Medow 
nattokinase for stroke risk
August 20, 2017 04:35PM
clots are major risk factor for all of us with afib- nattokinase, a fermented form of soy beans, dissolves blood clots and lowers blood viscosity-
has an impressive safety profile- at least 2000 years of experience with Japanese and other Asian folks- conventional treatments with Warfarin
and similar lab products involve a kind of russian roulette, requiring much monitoring to avoid uncontrolled bleeding, and prn agents to
cope bwith risky clot formations-I have been using this since long before developed afib-original discovery by a visiting scholar at U. of Chicago-
was researching clot antidotes and eating this delicacy for lunch- petri dish with a clot, and, while eating lunch, flicked some into the dish - after
about 20 minutes noted clot was markedly smaller- completely gone in about an hour- my understanding is that this delicacy stinks and tastes
awful- some Japanese even admit to the foul taste-however available in capsules that are tasteless- I have found at least 6 research reports in pubmed, and the only report of abnormal bleeding in a study which combined natto with aspirin- aspirin, of course, can reliably produce abnormal bleeding with no need for any other supplement- don't understand why nattokinase not recommended by official med experts - do know that
blood levels can be tested for warfarin and not nattokinase- however nattokinase works differently , it balances out two natural system functions in
the body, fibrin for healing injury with clot formation and plasminogen to dissolve clots, also part of the body systems restoring health. Warfarin
use involves titrating a toxic agent, not part the purposeful design of our human body. Although I and my family have used this supplement for
over two decades, nobody should take my suggestions or anyone else source, before your own due diligence- big trouble is so many folks
do so many things because they trust an anointed expert, or trust somebody blindly because they criticize experts- doesn't require years of
professional education to make sense of what is known- one suggestion I make without qualification is to ask your health care consultant to
look at pubmed research and let you know reasons why they would use nattokinase.
Re: nattokinase for stroke risk
August 20, 2017 06:31PM
Hello Herman - As I responded to your post of July 15, I'm a big fan of nattokinase and other fibrinolytic enzymes that help reduce blood hyper-viscosity. In my post from April 15, titled Clot Risk, is a collection of previous post links on the clot risk topic since it's so very important and because of my own experience with a clot in my heart.

The most important point of which everyone - and especially afibbers - should be aware is the silent inflammation factor in arteries and tissues that helps contribute to the thick, sticky blood problem and the fact that there are half a dozen or so lab tests or indicators that everyone should have done so they know if they are at risk so they can take steps to manage the sources of inflammation...which are many. Thus the mantra: "Test. Don't Guess."

I'm glad you are doing so well and we all appreciate the reminder on this very important topic. It's especially important for those who have a more "benign" type of arrhythmia that isn't as disturbing or debilitating as many events can be....where the heart is more quiet - yet still irregular - and the churning of blood for long periods of time can lead to unsuspected clots.

Go here for the Clot Risk post details [www.afibbers.org]

Best to you,
Jackie
August 20, 2017 07:04PM
Hello Herman,

For all nattokinase information the Japanese Nattokinase Association has an excellent website. There is also information on counterfeit nattokinase that everybody should be aware of.

[j-nattokinase.org]

Dean
September 05, 2017 02:55PM
Hey up Dean, how you getting on fella? Long time no hear! As for me, having started my AF adventure 18 years ago, I'm still at a couple of 1 hour episodes per year with the assistance of Flecainide 100mg BID. Long may it continue! But as a precaution I have upcoming consults with Ernst at the Royal Brompton in London and Chris Pepper at Leeds Nuffield - who is a colleague of my partner) to get their opinions on when best to go the ablation route. Hope all is well with you!

Cheers,

Mike F
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login