Welcome to the Afibber’s Forum
Serving Afibbers worldwide since 1999
Moderated by Shannon and Carey

Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Watchman device - For those who had this procedure, what has been your experience?

Posted by gmperf 
Watchman device - For those who had this procedure, what has been your experience?
August 18, 2017 02:52PM
I am seriously considering having the Watchman device procedure (I have a date scheduled).

If you have had the Watchman device procedure, could you please respond with how was your experience and how are you now doing?
It would be greatly appreciated!

Feel free to PM me if you are concerned with privacy.

Don

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/18/2017 02:54PM by gmperf.
Re: Watchman device - For those who had this procedure, what has been your experience?
August 18, 2017 04:40PM
Hi Don,

If you do have it done, will it be at TCAI?

Thanks.

Andy
Re: Watchman device - For those who had this procedure, what has been your experience?
August 18, 2017 04:58PM
Looks like I am not having it done-

Just had a call from Scripps to schedule the Watchman device.
They submitted for prior authorization to Aetna. Aetna responded with no prior authorization needed. Procedure will be evaluated at time of claim for medical necessity.
Scripps says don't worry it will most likely be covered.
After 3 hours on the phone, Aetna emailed thier policy to me. It states Aetna considers all left atrial appendage closures and devices experimental.

Got to love our medical system.
August 19, 2017 01:53AM
That is typical insurance company song and dance routine Don! Don't give up too quickly. Get Scripps involved and have your EP there write them a letter explaining why this is especially important for you. Zag the same time, can you not switch back again to BCBS at least for this year?

It may take a bit of extra effort and hassle but I bet it will work out in the end.

Shannon
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login