Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Stomach bloated and uncomfortable

Posted by fraser72 
Stomach bloated and uncomfortable
July 28, 2017 05:19AM
Hi
I am new to atrial fibulation and looking for any help I can get please. I am 72 years old and have rheumatoid arthritis and copd. I was taken to hospital after a routine visit to the doctor detected a high and uneven heartbeat. Diagnosed with atrial fibulation. Given new drug abixiban elequis and bisoporol . Waiting on echo scan. Suffering from swollen uncomfortable stomach on walking. Cannot walk far in any case but this uncomfortable stomach is getting me Dow. I also have a crackle when I breathe and have been given water tablets to dry out the lungs.
Re: Stomach bloated and uncomfortable
July 28, 2017 09:00AM
Try Activated Charcoal. It worked for once when i got Bloated from eating something. Activated Charcoal is good for so many other things also. Earthclinic.com has tons of other uses for it. I use it when Oil Pulling to enhance Oil Pulling's positive effects.

Natural Cures for Bloating and Fluid Retention from EarthClinic. Go through this website for other benefits.
[www.earthclinic.com]
July 29, 2017 10:23PM
Try these with your meals. [www.amazon.com]
I was on an enzyme by prescription only, called Cotazym , but the new insurance won't approve it....my old 88 year old Doctor had me on those from 1988 through to 1999, so the ones above are the next best thing....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/30/2017 04:06PM by George77.
August 08, 2017 09:16PM
Thanks for the tip on which digestive enzymes are best.
August 08, 2017 10:02PM
fraser72
Hi
I am new to atrial fibulation and looking for any help I can get please. I am 72 years old and have rheumatoid arthritis and copd. I was taken to hospital after a routine visit to the doctor detected a high and uneven heartbeat. Diagnosed with atrial fibulation. Given new drug abixiban elequis and bisoporol . Waiting on echo scan. Suffering from swollen uncomfortable stomach on walking. Cannot walk far in any case but this uncomfortable stomach is getting me Dow. I also have a crackle when I breathe and have been given water tablets to dry out the lungs.

Please don't try anything suggested above until you find out what's causing the swollen belly and lung crackles. It sounds like you're retaining water and there are a number of possible reasons for that, some of them rather serious. It's not a digestive issue, so let your doctors figure out what the underlying cause is before trying alternative treatments.
August 29, 2017 11:51AM
Frazer, Hi, I'm Rick. I just joined the forum because I accidently read a message from an individual who also was complaining about belly bloat. I had had atrial fib for close to 8 years and I found a cardiologist that helped me a lot. Now, I'm not saying that your condition is being caused because of your present medicine. I was constantly bloated and with acute constipation and found out that Flecanaide can cause these severe conditions on some individuals. I was one of those who had these adverse conditions because of that medication. Talk to your cardiologist and ask your doctor about PROPAFENONE, I have been using this medication for about two weeks and my acute constipation was almost but gone. The only side effect I can see, is a slight metallic taste in my mouth. Look into it and get as much info on your condition. By the way, my doctor took my afib away from me by having a procedure done in a hospital, (heart reset) or having your heart stopped by electrically shocking your heart to stop and then the reverse was done to start the heart, again. That was two years ago and I'm still in SINUS RHYTHEM. Good luck and hope you solve your medical issue.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login