Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Richard and all, my results are in.

Posted by J. Pisano 
J. Pisano
Richard and all, my results are in.
November 06, 2003 02:23AM
Richard,

The long awaited results of my mineral test are in. Some interesting things though. I had three things that were out of range.

Bismuth was a just a slight high, but I can account for that as a drank about two bottles of pepto in the months prior to the hair sample.

Cadmium was a little high as well.

And the shocker: Calcium was over the tolerance range.

Now here is what I don't get, I do know that Calcium, magnesium and zinc can show high in a hair analysis when the body is looking for somwhere to place it when it is having a metabolic problem. Sometimes a Calcium, as shown in the hair, excess is really a result of a Calcium deficiency. And Cadmium is usually a very toxic calcium inhibiter so you would think the calcium levels would be lower. My magnesium numbers was right on the money even though I have been taking 900+mg for over 4 months.

When I get home, I am going to email you the actual numbers, any thoughts on this?

I actually have not taken calcium supplements for 6 months. I do get some in my multi and am not a big dairy eater by any stretch, but I don't doubt I am getting a sufficient amount of calcium from my diet.

The test showed the copper zinc ratio ok and the copper was right in the middle, which is good, but I was taking copper supplements about a month before the sample.

Joe
Richard
Re: Richard and all, my results are in.
November 06, 2003 04:06AM
Joe,

It will be interesting to see your results. Pls. email them to me, but I am once again going out of town, tomorrow, and won't return until next Tues. evening, so it might take a while to get back to you.

On my hair analysis, I showed no Cadmium, but my Bismuth, although in range, was almost to the yellow color. Ref range <0.06 result .049.

I just rec'd my serum test from the hospital done in Jan 03. My Ca levels on 3 different tests, actually fell below ref range once, then were normal low, and again midrange. My hair analysis showed just a tad low, but in range.
Ref range 200-750ug/g Result 267.

I ordered the hospital copies to see my phosphorous levels, but it doesn't show on the paperwork, or I don't know how to read it. I know my EP said I was to the low side, so I'll have to do some further investigating.

My serum Mg. levels always fell within range but my packed erythrocytes test showed slightly over ref. range, but only by 0.5mg/dl. My hair Mg. level showed midrange. Ref range 25-75ug/g result 51.

Did you get your test from Dr. Wilson, and did they have a schedule for you to follow?

Richard
J. Pisano
Re: Richard and all, my results are in.
November 08, 2003 03:59PM
Richard,

I just contacted Dr. Wilson about an analysis beyond what the GSML did for me, I found it not so imformative. I sent you my panel results did you get them?

Joe
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login