Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Natural Calm

Posted by MHhelp 
Natural Calm
June 23, 2017 04:21PM
I am new to the site and have a question. I have had AFIB since 2014 and had my first ablation on February 27 of this year. Did well for the first month or two but then started having a LOT of PVC's, wore a monitor for a week and my cardiologist stated that they were just PVC's, nothing to worry about. Now, before 2014, that might have been true but since I now listen/feel every beat of my heart, they were driving me crazy. So I started taking magnesium and it worked wonders. I was then told about Natural Calm so I started taking it a few weeks ago and they are almost completely under control but I have been feeling lethargic and dizzy. Did a little more research and found out that my acid reflux medicine could be a culprit so I stopped taking that during the day and the lethargy has gone away but still have the dizziness. Any suggestions?
Re: Natural Calm
June 24, 2017 11:17AM
MHhelp - I have some suggestions but am backed up in responses to posts since there was a problem with my login info.
Now that I'm able to post again, I am short on time to devote until later today or hopefully, tomorrow.... sorry.

Jackie
June 27, 2017 09:04PM
You might try Papaya tabs to help with the reflux issue
June 29, 2017 12:31PM
MHhelp... sorry for the delay. Yes, the acid reflux meds can cause other problems. Mainly, they cover up the real problem and that is you don't have enough raw materials (nutrients) to make enough of your own stomach acid... and so when that happens, you can't break down food so it just lies in your stomach and ferments and 'rots' causing gastric distress. There is an aid called DGL that helps with the gas and stomach pain...which works very well. I have used Natural Factors on occasion with great relief . Play this intro by Michael Murray ND on DGL.
[www.youtube.com] iHerb has it here: [www.iherb.com]

Ideally, you'd have a functional digestive test to determine which nutrients are missing or low, but you can begin by supplementing with vitamin B12 in the form of methylcobalamin and zinc to support making your own stomach acid.
Dosing depends on the severity of your deficiency, but w/o tests, you could begin with low doses such as 2,000 B12 daily and 30 - 40 mg of zinc in the form of zinc gluconate. There are others needed as well....so if it's possible for you to locate a practitioner of functional medicine in your area, you could consult and get the appropriate tests and rule out a pathogen that could be causing digestive distress as well.

Also, do some research on using organic apple cider vinegar (like Bragg's brand)...in water... about 30 minutes before each meal. There are many who find it's a 'miracle' in helping relieve digestive discomfort.

Now, on the Natural Calm form of magnesium. That's fine if you are finding it helps manage the Afib. However, in order to get enough magnesium and as you increase your dosing, you may find the Natural Calm causes bowel intolerance issues... some people aren't bothered... but if you are, then consider switching to the amino acid chelated version labeled Magnesium glycinate or bisglycinate ... check the label for the designation TRAACs or Albion (r) so you know it's the true chelate. This is said to be the least likely to cause bowel issues. Otherwise, many of the magnesium forms seem to work well. The only one that is not absorbable is oxide so avoid that.

Hope this helps. Please let us know your progress.

Best to you,
Jackie
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login