Welcome to the Afibber’s Forum
Serving Afibbers worldwide since 1999
Moderated by Shannon and Carey

Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

New to the website , young to the AFIB but not new to it .

Posted by david.s 
New to the website , young to the AFIB but not new to it .
June 18, 2017 02:33PM
Hello everyone ,
last thursday i had my second episode of AFIB , went to the ER and they had to make a cardio version with success thank god . the sinus rhythm returned back to normal , and in the same day i had an echo cardiogram of the heart and a lot of other tests including the thyroid . but all went negative . the heart structure is great , valves are great except a mild leak in the tricuspid valve , which the doctor did not even mention and he said its a normal finding and nothing to worry about . my first episode was like 12 years back . i know your guys here are more experienced than doctors , and i liked to hare my experience and if i can kindly get some advises of what should i do next and if this afib may come back more frequent and whatever you would like to discuss .

i forgot to mention that i am 33 years old

thank you smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/18/2017 02:34PM by david.s.
Re: New to the website , young to the AFIB but not new to it .
June 18, 2017 06:50PM
Hi David,

Sorry you're here but welcome!

Being so young and with just two episodes I would suggest looking to diet, hydration, supplements, and other lifestyle factors (weight, alcohol, etc.) if you are so inclined. Electrolytes play a large supporting role in all of this and if you are not getting what you need or are getting dehydrated on a regular basis it can give afib a place to start. Search the site for "The Strategy" to learn more about the things you can do to help yourself at this stage.

If the episodes become more frequent its likely that your doctor will put you on an anti arrhythmic medication or give you a "pill in pocket" to take when you get an episode. That approach can be successful for years - it worked for me for two years and should have worked for more, long story. If that doesn't work or stops working they can try other drugs or an ablation.

It can be scary and overwhelming in the beginning - just keep asking questions and you will learn about the various ways to treat it and the best options for you.

All the best,

C
June 19, 2017 01:31AM
I would keep a Log or Diary of the several days leading up to your episodes. Your AFIB doesn't sound bad enough to warrant ongoing Medication. But you can focus on what is termed "Trigger Avoidance". Is there something you did like working out in Heat all day under Stress? Allergic reaction? Or maybe consuming Energy Drinks? CNS Stimulants in high doses can trigger AFIB, as can many other things, different things trigger AF in different people. Some people get it after drinking Alcohol. In my case, eating frozen yogurt or smoothies real fast, triggered my AF.

You might list your weight also, and if you are an exerciser or weight lifter, as serious Athletes are more prone to AF, as the Atria in the Heart can get stretched to much. Also, what medications did the Dr's put you on?

As far as being prepared for the future, I would ask your Dr. if he hasn't already given you some, for medication to keep on hand to take if you have any more episodes. There are drugs you can take to slow your Heart rate down in the event of another episode. The higher your AFIB HR is, the symptoms you will have.
June 19, 2017 02:22AM
Hello Guys ,
How are you doing both? and thank you for your reply ,you are absolutely right , i think i need to watch my weight as the last 2 years i increased like 14 KGs ,and was drinking much coffee and soft drinks and alcohol , and being stressed a lot at work . and that night i had a big portion of chocolate cake at night and i was so bloated .

the doctor gave beta blocker and told me there is nothing to worry about , the heart structure is fine the thyroid is fine and everything after this episode returned back to normal . i went to 3 doctors to take 3 opinions and they were having the same opinion .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/19/2017 02:25AM by david.s.
June 20, 2017 08:33AM
Hello again Guys ,

Is it possible pls if i can talk to someone or Skype maybe and discuss this ? it will be a big help for me if possible.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login