Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

lightheadedness at times

Posted by SteveDaley 
lightheadedness at times
June 16, 2017 08:48PM
I have afib but had an ablation in 2008 with Dr. Lin at Univ. of Pa. and since then have had 5 issues that I used the pill in the pocket with and it worked.
Right now i am ok however have a cold stuffed nose and throat sore. I take toprol er xl and flecainide 50mg in morning and 50mg in the evening, I seem ok most of the time however i am sitting down watching tv and when i get up i get some lightheaded feeling for seconds then it goes away. I also when playing golf get upper abdominal discomfort
Does anyone have answer for this for me or have had similar problems. Thanks Steve
Re: lightheadedness at times
June 16, 2017 09:53PM
Steve,

What is your blood pressure usually like? What is your build (height, weight)?

George
June 16, 2017 10:12PM
George i am 6'2 214 right now and blood pressure is usually around 124/75 heart rate is usually lower due to toprol in the high 50s
June 16, 2017 11:18PM
Ok, so unlikely low blood volume. Maybe something related to vasovagal syncope, but you are not passing out. I recall a doc who went by PC used to post about some autonomic sensors in the central nervous system that could do things like this (about 10-12 years ago).
June 17, 2017 07:08AM
thanks for the information George appreciate your thoughts.
June 17, 2017 09:43AM
Hi Steve... I'm short on time.. .but do a search on Adrenal Fatigue, postural hypotension and Orthostatic hypotension.
See if the descriptions correlate with what you are experiencing.

Low adrenal function produces those symptoms. I had adrenal burnout years ago and through adrenal support nutrients, it normalized.

Jackie
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login