Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

New to forum

Posted by Reecob 
New to forum
June 04, 2017 08:04PM
Hello forum,
I was told by my cardiologist that I should get a cardiac ablation. I tried Flecainide 50mg and the side-effects were worse than the afib. My Doctor wanted to try Amodarone but, after hearing the side-effects from that, I opted not to start that. This afib has been coming and going for about 3 years. Making me feel weak, tried and head achee a lot of the time.
I called my cousin (Tobheard on this forum) because I knew she had afib and was treated for it. After some talk, she stressed the importance of finding the right Doctor to perform the procedure. She suggested that I go onto this forum and find out what it offered. I know there may-be horror stories about this procedure. Have they learned from the past and is it more stable now.
I live in NJ, I’m 67 years old I only have Medicare for insurance. My cousin suggested Dr. Natale in Auston TX. Or Dr. Chinitz at NYU. My cardiologist wants me to talk to Archana Patel at Medicor/ RWJ Here in NJ. I’m confused and frightened about doing the wrong thing. Any comments that might help?
Rik
Re: New to forum
June 04, 2017 09:55PM
Rik,

I'll let others who know more talk about the docs in your area.

Has your cousin suggested that you add in some electrolytes, specifically magnesium (assume your kidneys are OK - you aren't on dialysis)? One common suggestion here is to start with say 200 mg of magnesium glycinate a day and add an additional 200 mg/day alternating doses between morning & evening till your bowels start to get lose and then you back down a step. What this level is can be very individual!

Good luck & welcome,

George
Re: New to forum
June 05, 2017 10:15PM
Hey Rick - I spoke with Shannon and he said you can call him. Why don't we touch base sometime tomorrow and I'll give you his info? Also, be sure to change my email...it's ToBHerd - there's no "a" in there smiling smiley

Have a good night ~ Barb
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login