Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Had 2nd ablation with Dr Natale 7 weeks ago

Posted by Methan99 
Had 2nd ablation with Dr Natale 7 weeks ago
June 02, 2017 12:02PM
Had 2nd ablation with Dr Natale 7 weeks ago. Had Flutter episode in 3rd week for about 5 hours. And now in the 8th week stated to have a lot of skipped beets PACs. Not sure what triggered it and if ablation is breaking. I’m supposed to stop Multaq after the 8th week but now not sure if it’s a good idea.
What are your thoughts? Do I give it more time?

Thanks
Mike
Re: Had 2nd ablation with Dr Natale 7 weeks ago
June 02, 2017 12:40PM
Hi Mike - It's not uncommon to have some breakthrough activity during the blanking period, post ablation... but are you keeping up with your core nutrient support program? ie, magnesium, and potassium - at the very least... watching sodium, no alcohol, ribose, carnitine, taurine and so on? Do you use the magnesium bicarbonate alkaline water?

Using vitamin C as an anti-inflammatory since your heart remains in a highly-irritated state for months after the procedure and natural anti-inflammatories can help lower and facilitate healing more rapidly.

[www.afibbers.org]

Jackie

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/02/2017 12:42PM by Jackie.
June 02, 2017 01:04PM
Once I tired taurine and It did not make me feel good. I'm sensitive to meds and I attributed tolerance of supplements to drugs that I use for high BP.
I don't take any supplements not even after my last successful ablation in Jun 2017.

I would like to try again to start with lowest dose of supplants that help PACs. Please let me know what they are and the dose.

Thank You
Mike
June 02, 2017 10:55PM
I too would like to know suggested dosage for magnesium and potassium supplements, as well as the name as they appear in the iherb vitamin shop.

Thank you all.

Ok never mind ...I just found the essential trio!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/02/2017 10:56PM by AB Page.
June 05, 2017 06:49AM
Mike,

I had a Natale ablation on 3/24 and had flutter in the 3rd week, had to get cardioverted on day 6. Have been quiet since then. Its not uncommon to have some activity during the blanking period and it does not mean the ablation has failed, but my understanding is it should settle down as time goes on. Are you sending your transmissions in to TCAI? I would talk to them about the Multaq.

Best,

C
June 27, 2017 09:28PM
Flecainide might be a better choice than Multaq.
AB be careful about taking Potassium....can be dangrous and I would not have it as part of the trio unless you were closely monitoring your Potassium levels
June 28, 2017 11:47AM
Thanks Tom. I stopped the potassium a couple weeks ago, and now drink a couple cans of LS V8 a day, as well as at least my daily recommended value in additional vegetables, usually leafy greens. My potassium has historically tested in range, including the first week of June. I'm continuing on the magnesium and taurine.
June 29, 2017 12:44PM
ABPage - If your potassium is always in range, then it makes sense not to supplement with it, but if other factors in your diet will overpower the potassium by competition, such as high-sodium content of commercial, processed, packaged and restaurant foods, or heavy exercise with lots of perspiring, it's easy to deplete potassium quickly.

Keep in mind that the fundamental biophysics of what the body needs to operate the sodium-potassium pumps is a solid base of magnesium... always. If you add too much potassium when the intracellular level of magnesium is low or insufficient, it only makes Afib worse. So... always the focus is on optimizing magnesium - continually. Then the potassium. The taurine serves to help balance out and has a long list of other important benefits as well.

Useful reports from the archives in the Conference Room Proceedings (http://www.afibbers.org/conference/index.htm)
[www.afibbers.org]
[www.afibbers.org]:
[www.afibbers.org]

Also check those at this link: [www.afibbers.org]

Hope this is useful.
Best to you,
Jackie
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login