Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Heart Rate

Posted by JAYHAWK 
Heart Rate
April 24, 2017 09:42AM
May have an issue.

My heart rate increased last night from a normal range of mid-eighties to over 100 and up to 130,,,,.my diastolic pressure is abnormally higher as well (90-100), It usually is in the mid-80 range.

I had an ablation in March 2011 with Natale and have been completely issue-free since. Know that an ablation is not necessary a "cure" so need some advice.

Question.....

Is this a "contact Natale immediately" or is it a potentially non-atrial fibrillation issue. I have an appointment with a cardiologist next week (earliest appointment). I have not seen him since my initial diagnosis with arrhythmia. Also, contacted an EP cardiologist a couple of years ago to establish a relationship here in Houston.....recommended by Natale.

Thanks in advance for any guidance

Steve
Re: Heart Rate
April 24, 2017 12:14PM
Hi Steve,
Send me your number and we can discuss more details and nuances of this change. It may well be a burst of sinus tachycardia from a myriad of possible proximal causes but not necessarily an actual arrhythmia that might otherwise inspire a call into your NP at Dr Natale's office in Austin.

Let's try to sort out what exactly this elevated HR is and then go from there. After 5 years of total post index ABL success with Dr. Natale, it would be a very remote chance of this being an arrhythmia recurrence due to a reconnection of any previously ablated trigger source. So if it is the harbinger of some new activity that needs addressing, the odds would very strongly be on the side of it being a new previously undetected and unablated trigger area, possibly due to it being too immature to be detectable during your 2011 index ablation, or perhaps having been supressed due to anesthesia such that Dr Natale could not identify it as a likely consistent active trigger back then .... though the later scenario is a bit less likely than the former scenario due to the long period of freedom from all atrial tachy-arrhythmias you have enjoyed after one ablation by Dr Natale.

Regardless what it turns out to be, you can take great comfort in knowing that your departure from normal sinus rhythm is only temporary and you are already in
the loop with the best possible physician to sort this out for you expeditiously, should a touch up ablation even be in the cards for you now which is not clear at all that it is from what you have shared here today.

Look forward to catching up Steve,

Shannon
April 25, 2017 07:38AM
Shannon.....sent you a private message

s
April 26, 2017 11:19PM
Good Luck Jayhawk

McHale
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login