Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

The Beast is back!

Posted by N2TU 
The Beast is back!
April 10, 2017 12:19PM
After a 12 year hiatus, the beast has returned! Had a PVI ablation done in NYU Medical center in 2005 and have been in NSR since with no episodes.

Friday night, I woke up in AFIB which lasted for about 2 hours and then peace again. Nothing has changed in diet, activities, drug dosages or stress level. I am on zero heart related drugs except Lipitor.

I have a Cardio appointment set for next week. If I get a recurrence, I can more or less tolerate it but what I can't tolerate is the first hour urination urgency! My calendar has a few long distance flights scheduled and having the need to visit the toilet repeatedly will be problematic, to say the least.

I am looking for suggestions...in the last 12 years, has there been any progress in controlling this side effect?

Thanks....
Re: The Beast is back!
April 11, 2017 03:55PM
I can appreciate your dilemma especially when flying. Not sure if there is anything that changes that because the effect is hormonal (ANP and BNP).... but I'm wondering if you are using the supportive nutrients recommended just to help maintain and stabilize heart function with regard to arrhythmia? If not you could consider doing the entire 'self help' assessment for diet, lifestyle and environmental issues that often influence arrhythmia.

Also, using a statin has downsides as the heart needs cholesterol for the production of ATP, the heart's energy molecule. There is a lot of current thinking (even in the medical establishment) that indicates not everyone benefits from using a statin because cholesterol is not the enemy.

At the very least, you should be supplementing with a high-quality Co-enzyme Q10 to help prevent the statin depletion of this nutrient. Refer to The Strategy if you aren't familiar with it for some of the basics. [www.afibbers.org]

Jackie

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/11/2017 04:04PM by Jackie.
Re: The Beast is back!
April 12, 2017 10:18AM
Jackie...

Thanks for the reply....

I am aware of the statin effects and have taken appropriate action to offset them. Most of your suggestions have already been implemented during my run of 12 years of non AFIB existence....

My post was directed at those who live with AFIB and how to deal with the urinary urge. Has anything been discovered during the last few years which would help?

How do they deal with this discomfort during long flights...?.... Have there been any advances medically?.... Or....
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login