Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Back in CT Plus Thanks Shannon and Jackie

Posted by Anton 
Back in CT Plus Thanks Shannon and Jackie
April 09, 2017 09:56PM
Many thanks to Shannon and Jackie for their support with my afib/flutter returning after 13 years. I'm back in CT and due this week to see a local EP and my cardiologist before deciding to head out to Dr Natale in Texas! I now have an appointment there in June but still reluctant to put this old body through the ablation.

Shannon talked to me at length on Afib issues, and most importantly about the discovery of newer areas of ablation, such as LAA and CS. He was certain that new paths in the LA had opened up and the old paths (RA) are still blocked. Dr. Natale veterans (10+ years since successful ablation) are now having what is mostly a flutter event and at times some AFIB in the mix. This does describe my rhythm and Natale is enrolling like patients to study and ablate these new areas. I'm also aware that as my 81 year old heart ages, the substrate deteriorates allowing aflutter/afib and perhaps that makes for a less successful ablation.

Both he and Jackie stressed the importance of diet which I've generally followed for the 13 years. Especially the mg/potassium "balance" although I never tried the Exa test. Walnuts. pistachios, and almonds help with gen'l nutrition (&copper) I did recently add L-Theanine (200mg am, 200 mg pm) hoping that would add to the calming of my regular supplements. I'm hoping that is the "optimum" dosage. Even though that's not part of Jackie's "The Strategy" it sounded good for Afib/flutter events.

Several more minor things have occurred in recent months and have me concerned about my physical condition. Months ago in trying some "easy" senior tennis I had pulled my hamstring muscles and it progressed around the general area back to front. I tried again once in AZ a few weeks, and feeling better, but a repeat of that hamstring area along with arm and neck pain kept me literally "limping along" and not happy driving a car. Then along came the Afib/flutter combo to set me in a new direction. So I'm left with how best to beat or tolerate this "beast". My local EP may want to try cardioversion and a med. Is flecainide effective for flutter? (PIP)

Best to all, Anton
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login