Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

How to Buy Eliquis and Xarelto Really Cheap

Posted by tvanslooten 
How to Buy Eliquis and Xarelto Really Cheap
April 03, 2017 09:23PM
I just published a review of an online pharmacy in Canada where you can buy prescription drugs at a fraction of the cost of what they are here in the U.S. You can read it here:

[www.livingwithatrialfibrillation.com]

If your insurance prescription coverage is poor or you don't have coverage at all, this is an online pharmacy that you might want to check out.

As an example, a 30-day supply of Eliquis costs anywhere between $380 - $420/month in the U.S. (assuming you had to pay full retail). The same prescription costs $129.99/month from the Canadian pharmacy! And if you buy more than a one-month supply, it drops to about $115/month!

One important note...Eliquis and Xarelto have patient assistance programs but they can be hard to qualify for if you have any kind of medical insurance or your income is too high. If you've tried to apply to these programs and have been denied, then buying them out-of-pocket at You Drug Store is the next best option.

Travis

P.S. And yes, U.S. residents can buy prescriptions drugs from Canada. I just bought my Eliquis from them and documented the whole process. You can view that when you read the review.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/03/2017 09:23PM by tvanslooten.
Re: How to Buy Eliquis and Xarelto Really Cheap
April 04, 2017 02:18AM
My Cardio Doctors always got samples of the newer Thinners, since I don't take them all of time, I get enough that way.
April 04, 2017 08:42AM
I've been buying prescription drugs from a Canadian Pharmacy, [www.77canadapharmacy.com] for years, although not the two that are the subject of this thread. I think there are several Canadian Pharmacies tied together as I've called the wrong one at times when I've forgotten which one I'm using and been referred to the right one.

They are very responsive although many of the drugs come via the US mail drop shipped from India, Israel or other countries so it may take as long as a month from the order date to the receipt of them. Also, at least the pharmacy above last time required that i send a check to a Las Vegas address instead of using credit cards for payment but that may have been temporary.

The big PITA negative is that they hound me endlessly both by robocalls and email to renew the order and I can't shut that down no matter what I do. The medication is PRN so the reorder rate varies widely.

I will continue to use them as I save well over half the cost of a steroid my wife requires.

Gordon
April 04, 2017 11:28AM
This issue affects many of us. Great info. Thanks Travis.

Dennis
April 04, 2017 04:48PM
I've infrequently used a European web pharmacy, www.goldpharma,com, for 9 years to purchase flecainde.

I use flec so infrequently that it typically starts to lose potency before I run out of a prescription. What I get from these guys is the brand Apocard. All the pills are individually packaged in whatever you call a foil/plastic pop out container. I like this better as the meds aren't in contact with air. Hence they degrade more slowly.

They do carry Xarelto. Looks like around $150 US for 30 - 10mg tablets. So not necessarily cheaper than Canada.

The hiccup here is you have to do an international wire transfer to buy from them, if you live in the US. The US put pressure on the credit card companies, so you can't use a card. I've done this and my bank required a routing number for a US correspondent bank for their Rumanian or Bulgarian bank (don't remember which). Goldpharma had originally only given me a Swift code for their bank, so I asked & they gave me three correspondent banks to choose from (like Chase & etc). I picked one and the transfer guys at my bank looked up the routing number. In any case, I jumped through all the hoops and it works. It was much easier before when you could just give them a credit card.

They don't bother you, but it is more hassle than the Canadian pharmacies with an 800 toll free number.

It does take 12 or 14 days to get here.

I've been happy with them.

George
April 05, 2017 04:21PM
Thank you so much, Travis, for this information, b/c we just began dealing with this very issue. My husband will find out today, if Medicare, and/or his supplemental insurance (Humana) will cover. As of yesterday, at the hospital, it seemed they may not, so we need a back-up plan. His prescription is for Xarelto. Coumadin was not an option, due to the Vit. K issue, and what my husband's diet entails. Anyway, thank you so much again, Travis.
April 07, 2017 12:33AM
If you have commercial insurance, you can get a $10 copy card from eliquis. You can request it by going to their website. This dropped my copay from $350 to $10.
April 08, 2017 05:22PM
Lynn
If you have commercial insurance, you can get a $10 copy card from eliquis. You can request it by going to their website. This dropped my copay from $350 to $10.

This does not work for medicare patients.
April 09, 2017 10:11AM
Pharmacy price comparison for Eliquis <[www.pharmacychecker.com]
April 09, 2017 10:26AM
Thanks Lynn, I just went to my local CVS pharmacy and they did the paperwork for me, my cost went from $382 a month to $10. When I went to Walmart for my first prescription they told me I could not use any discount cards I had ( I had 2 others from various discount programs) and I would have to use my regular commercial health insurance. they never mentioned about the Eloquis card.... In fact when I went to CVS the clerk asked me if i wanted to take the card and refill at Walmart....how nice of her to ask, but I said no I would give them my business for helping me out.
A short summary of the fine print on the card says it is for commercial insurance not federal healthcare,Medicare, Medicaid, state programs ect.
The card is good for up to 60 tablets for 24months...max annual benefit of $3800, this offer is only good thru Dec. of 2017.
It also stated that the offer was only good at participating pharmacies....I am going to my Walmart and ask if they were a participating pharmacy.
When I first contacted Eloquis after getting my first batch of pills I must have heard the wrong information and I thought they said it was a $10 coupon....not a copay card, my mistake or I would have known this before.
So if you are a new user with commercial insurance....make sure you get the card from the start to avoid paying the high cost....I'm not sure if the 24 month window ends in December or you just have to sign up by then.
TomC
April 09, 2017 11:22AM
The reason it doesn't work for Medicare - its considered fraud: <[oig.hhs.gov]
April 10, 2017 12:03PM
GeorgeN
The reason it doesn't work for Medicare - its considered fraud: <[oig.hhs.gov]

I guess I am stupid but why do they that being the Federal Gov. consider this to be Fraud? Many on Medicare cannot afford the cost of the "latest" blood thinners. It put them in the loop hole in 9 months if that is the only prescription drug they take. That is why they stay on Coumadin.
Ridiculous
April 12, 2017 07:20PM
Great info posted here! Thanks much to all that contributed.

I'm not clear on the Medicare exclusion. If a retiree is on Medicare, but doesn't have the drug coverage, can the retiree purchase these meds from Canadian pharmacies without problems?

/L
April 13, 2017 08:43AM
LarryG
I'm not clear on the Medicare exclusion. If a retiree is on Medicare, but doesn't have the drug coverage, can the retiree purchase these meds from Canadian pharmacies without problems?

Larry, I think anybody can purchase from Canada as long as you have a prescription.
April 13, 2017 09:55AM
Yes I agree Larry, thanks to Travis and all who contributed to this very helpful thread!

Shannon
April 21, 2017 10:48AM
Thanks for the info.
April 25, 2017 06:10AM
Tom,

You are welcome. I was so thrilled to find this info., but I am kicking myself because I found out it has been available since 2014. Lots of wasted money.
April 25, 2017 02:47PM
I have not purchased Xarelto from Canada, but I do buy Synthroid there. The brand name product costs 1/5 of the US price. You can't tell me that the manufacturer sells it at a loss in Canada. The pharmaceutical companies say they need the money for research. Is a 5x markup reasonable?
April 26, 2017 11:21PM
I pay almost nothing for Xarelto....I think it was $30 for a 90 day supply.

McHale
May 28, 2017 10:54AM
Just got back to this thread. Thanks again to all.

Travis, your vid demo-ing the ordering process was superb!

/L
May 06, 2018 01:49PM
I had been emailing with an Afibber in New Zealand. He had been getting his prescription for Eliquis for around $30 a month. It's over $400 in the U.S.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login