Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Sotalol, new user.

Posted by Peter Charlton 
Sotalol, new user.
April 03, 2017 12:07AM
Following an EP study, I was changed from Biosoprolol to Sotalol.
I was sent home from hospital here in the UK that same day with my new packet of Sotalol, untried/untested on me.
Following how ill Biosoprolol had made me feel, I looked up Sotalol and was rather alarmed to find that you guys over the pond get to be monitored in hospital for three days when first taking it whereas over here we just get sent home, with me seemingly rather sensitive to beta-blocker side effects and living alone. So initially, I just didnt take it, until I got a phone call from whoever is monitoring my Reveal Linq to say my heart rhythm resembled a childs scribble and that it would be wise for me to take it.
So I did and now I am up all night as I have developed a really nasty cough.
I read it is a side effect of Sotalol, as I haven't had any human contact for about a month now I am wondering if I have this cough as a side effect, or did a cough germ fly in through my open window one night?
How would I know?
Re: Sotalol, new user.
April 05, 2017 08:29AM
I've been on it for over a year now (and yes, I did the annoying 3 day hospital stay. Nothing more boring than being stuck in a hospital when you're not sick). I didn't have any side effects (knock wood), including no cough. Have you asked your doc about the cough? Hopefully it goes away soon.
Nancy
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login