Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Sensing an episode a day ahead of time

Posted by Nancy-2 
Sensing an episode a day ahead of time
March 31, 2017 07:40PM
I've found now that I can sense an episode is coming about a day or so ahead of time. It feels like it's about to start, but it doesn't. Sometimes it can feel that way for hours. But nothing. Then the next day - bam, there goes the episode.
Anyone else found this to be true?
Nancy
Re: Sensing an episode a day ahead of time
April 01, 2017 12:19AM
How do you sense it? If I am paying attention, I will notice extreme fatigue a couple of days prior, or a feeling of hyper alertness. I have been successful in thwarting an episode by either sleeping or practicing stress relief, Sometimes it works, sometimes not. Holly
April 01, 2017 07:07AM
I can relate to this. I get a full uncomfortable feeling in my chest and also feel hyped up one or two days before. Also lots of skipped beats and short of breath. Depending on how uncomfotable my chest feels determines how bad the episode is when it kicks in.
I am also aware exactly when I go back into sinus rhythm. What an amazing but brief sensation. If only I could bottle that moment. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
April 02, 2017 07:09AM
I was always able to know exactly when my heart was in Afib and the moment it wasn't, so this may account that I could sense when a session was impending. Missed/skipped beats or noticeable sweating in my case were not so much a warning, but rather an indication that a session was already in the making even though then not actually occurring.

What foretold a session was feeling too good, as if the Afib would never return. Then 1-2 days later...uh oh! I've long thought about this and the fact the heart enters Afib then leaves it. This irregularly repeating cycle suggests (to me) that the chemistry of the heart or whatever is the mechanism enters an irregular cyclic response in trying to manage the cause of the Afib.

I never found any mechanism to prevent an impending session, although certain things one does while in a session (avoiding stress, known triggers) could sometimes end it if luck was with me.
April 03, 2017 07:00PM
My experiences with feeling a certain way is kind of like Holly's. 1-2 days prior to AFIB, I feel fatigued over-whelmed, over-stressed, don't feel like doing much. I feel unusually lethargic, and then feel guilty that I am not getting much done. When I push myself, I often trigger an event. I believe this is correlated to low Adrenal output. I often experience this 4-8 days after stopping Prednisone Pulse Therapy, as the external administration of Cortisol (prednisone pills) results in a drop in natural Cortisone production after I stop taking it. I now try a long taper-down over 7+ days after taking Prednisone, but I still have issues with this.
April 10, 2017 08:00PM
My AFIB never just "started and stopped". When I went into AFIB, It was persistent AFIB. I never came out of AFIB WITHOUT A CARDIOVERSION.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login