Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Motion Sickness Medication

Posted by EJM68 
Motion Sickness Medication
March 15, 2017 06:04PM
Almost three months post AFIB ablation (Natale), recovery is going very well, but still have some episodes where the heart races. Next week going on spring break with family, my son is begging to go deep sea fishing. I went once as a child and had bad motion sickness. I am considering taking Transderm Scop patch (scopolamine). Does anyone have any experience with this or other motion drugs? My doctor previosly advised against anihistimines (dramamine). Thanks.
Re: Motion Sickness Medication
March 16, 2017 10:02AM
A friend had success with these wrist bands, which eliminates the med issue <[www.google.com]
March 16, 2017 10:32AM
The wrist bands did nothing for me but the patch behind the ear worked. This was on Cruises before I had AFIB. I get motion sickness easily.
Antihistamines cause me to have Heart palpitations now.

Try the Wrist bands. They are cheap.
March 16, 2017 08:00PM
I scuba dive so go on boats a lot. I also suffer badly with motion sickness - I can even get sick underwater during a dive if there is a strong swell!

The wrist bands work brilliantly for me but only if they are placed in the correct position, which is one exact spot. I've seen people wearing them inches away from where they should be, and then complaining that they didn't work. I wear them under my wet suit while I'm diving.

If the sea is really rough I also take 300 micrograms of hyoscine, and keep my eyes fixed on the horizon, which also helps a lot. It's a long time since I threw up on a boat, except one day, in rough seas, when I took the hyoscine but forgot the wrist bands.

Gill
March 22, 2017 11:24PM
EarthClinic has a lot of natural remedies.
[www.earthclinic.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login