Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Arjuna

Posted by blueduns 
Arjuna
March 13, 2017 10:17AM
Is it safe to take Arjuna (500mg) while on Eliquis?

Thanks,

BD
Re: Arjuna
March 13, 2017 03:31PM
BD - As you know, Eliquis is a powerful blood thinning drug. I am not familiar with properties of Arjuna, but if it does help to thin blood, then you absolutely must not use the two together unless your doctor says it is safe.

Here are two websites that cautions about Eliquis and interactions. While it doesn't mention Arjuna, you'll notice the strong wording about bleeding incidents.
[www.drugwatch.com]
[www.drugs.com]

I've used Eliquis since 2014 and I have low platelets so need to be cautious about blood thinners and worry about the fact there is no antidote (yet but hopefully soon) and I stopped all of my natural remedies that I used to help keep my blood 'thin and slippery' prior to starting Eliquis. I've had two ablations without a bleeding incident using Eliquis so that was comforting.

Jackie
Re: Arjuna
March 13, 2017 08:09PM
thanks for the reply. among other properties, this is what caused me concern:

"Health benefits of the arjuna bark also include it being used against heart disease. The Arjuna herb is known to raise the coronary artery flow thereby protecting the cardiac tissue from any ischemic damage. Additionally, the arjuna herb is also known to be a mild diuretic besides blood lipid lowering, blood thinning and prostaglandin properties. On account of the benefits of the arjuna herb against heart disease."

BD
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login