Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

ConcenTrace to stop PAC/PVC - but is it safe? And, Labdoor Mg Study Findings

Posted by Stephen 
ConcenTrace to stop PAC/PVC - but is it safe? And, Labdoor Mg Study Findings
March 10, 2017 01:21AM
Hi,

I posted last year about a trigger event I had where, 3 days after taking DMSA as a chelating agent for a heavy metals urine provocation test, I had a short burst of arrhythmia (several minutes) after being in NSR for almost 3 years following a Natale ablation. BTW, NSR for me has included very regular PACs/PVCs if I'm not loaded up on Mg and Potassium and other parts of The Strategy.

Thankfully, the arrhythmia burst didn't continue, but I wasn't able to get the PACs/PVCs to go away with my regular regimen of Mg.

The way I finally got the PACs/PVCs to go away was by the recommendation of my holistic / biological dentist to take ConcenTrace by Trace Minerals Research. It worked extremely well and has continued to work for me for over 1 year now in keeping the PACs/PVCs away.

However, my sister-in-law found out about this study by Labdoor (https://labdoor.com/rankings/magnesium), which showed that for another one of Trace Minerals Research's supplements, Trace Minerals Mega-Mag. It ranked 22 of 36 and received a D+ rating because "This product recorded concerning levels of total arsenic and fell below its label claim for magnesium by 5.8%." Even worse was the Natural Vitality Natural Calm drink that I swore by for 2 years - Labdoor ranked it 26 of 36 and gave it a D+ too because "This product recorded concerning levels of total arsenic and exceeded its label claim for magnesium by 2.9%."

The crazy thing is that my body responds better to these drinks that my Mg capsule supplements or Mg oil spray!

When I looked further into Concentrace, I noticed that it has trace amounts of mercury, lead, and other heavy metals. I was shocked - but then I was told that happens with all trace mineral supplements...is that true??? I can see how that might make sense...similar concerns get raised about Himalayan Pink Salt (https://blog.bulletproof.com/is-pink-himalayan-salt-toxic/). But how does one know if they fall into this category: "If your body is running well and you live a healthy lifestyle, odds are you can handle the minimal toxin load that comes with everyday life." Clearly, Afibbers probably shouldn't assume our bodies are doing just fine because clearly we have deficiencies. Is there a way to find out? 23andme test?

Anyway, here's the full list of minerals, published by the manufacturer: [traceminerals.com]. It's on their website, so clearly, they do not see the findings a threat to their business. But is that because their consumers (like me) are ignorant? Or, is the Labdoor Test too sensitive (i.e., it's picking up on trace amounts for which a normal body should "handle the minimal toxin load that comes with everyday life").

I'm trying to figure out if, in irony, I'm actually poisoning myself with heavy metals by taking a supplement that I only started taking because it was the only thing I could find to help stop my PACs/PVCs which started from taking a test (DMSA urine heavy metals) to see if I have heavy metals.

I appreciate any insights that folks have.

Thank you,

Stephen
Re: ConcenTrace to stop PAC/PVC - but is it safe? And, Labdoor Mg Study Findings
March 10, 2017 12:47PM
Thanks for your post.
Re: ConcenTrace to stop PAC/PVC - but is it safe? And, Labdoor Mg Study Findings
March 10, 2017 06:43PM
Hello, Stephen... Long ago when my afib began, I also went the ConcenTrace route and I also was concerned over the "trace" toxic elements. My thought was that I have control by buying organic fresh fruits and veggies but not in restaurants so even though I don't often eat away from home, I'd still be getting more toxic elements than I'd consider healthy. It didn’t make sense to add more with ConcenTrace or other similar with impurities so I stopped as I didn’t notice any improvements anyway.

You can have Comprehensive Metabolic Profile Testing ordered by practitioners of functional medicine, naturopaths and other holistic type practitioners which will help evaluate all the important nutritional areas and targeted testing for heavy metals and other environmental toxins. The ExaTest evaluation of intracellular electrolytes is the most accurate and definitive for evaluating mineral/electrolyte status inside cells where they function. You certainly can have the 23andme genetic evaluation as well. Often, people have methylation defects that influence a variety of conditions and produce a wide range of symptoms…plus it’s good to know in advance if there is a defect before symptoms begin. George N has posted numerous times on his experiences with genetic testing.

There is an abundance of various natural remedies for PACs/PVCs posted here in various threads. Typically, the approach is to assess your daily intake of core minerals that function as electrolytes to determine a potential deficiency just by doing a log of your food intake and nutrient values. The ExaTest is the most definitive. Many find they improve once magnesium intake is optimized through proper supplementation. Too much calcium interferes with magnesium and can cause the ectopy or outright AF… and potassium is the electrolyte that prolongs the refractory period or the time between heart beats. Low potassium as well as low magnesium typically results in PACs. However, the rule is…first, work on optimizing magnesium because just adding potassium can make afib or PACs worse. Above all, be sure to calculate your sodium intake because when high, that knocks out potassium.

Check the Afib Resources box above and also the Conference Room Sessions - on the importance of managing these minerals.
Resources: [www.afibbers.org]
(Note the report on Taurine as that can be very useful for controlling PACs) [www.afibbers.org]
And The Strategy gives basic tips on helpful heart nutrients to add as supplements) [www.afibbers.org]

Conference Room: [www.afibbers.org]
(Scroll down through and note esp. CR Session 72 on the Sodium-Potassium Ratio)

Be sure to ask more questions once you delve into these.

Best to you,
Jackie
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login