Welcome to the Afibber’s Forum
Serving Afibbers worldwide since 1999
Moderated by Shannon and Carey

Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

EnSite Precision Cardiac Mapping System - is this a big improvement?

Posted by ClayS 
EnSite Precision Cardiac Mapping System - is this a big improvement?
February 09, 2017 03:41PM
Just saw that St. David's is the first in U.S. to use this system. The videos look pretty cool but just wondered if anyone knows how much of an improvement this is over what's been used previously?

[www.prnewswire.com]
Re: EnSite Precision Cardiac Mapping System - is this a big improvement?
February 10, 2017 01:06AM
This new version of EnSite EAM system is a very nice 3D Electro-anatomical mapping system Clay, with some nice improvements in the new 'precision' upgrade. Like in many tech areas of life, some will prefer one over the other, and favor each for specific applications. Most big centers like St Davids employ both, but most top EPs I've discussed this kind of gear with still prefer the constantly updated Biosense Webster CARTO 3D with its outstanding integration with catheters including contact force, and a host of other nuances this best seller, by far, in the EAM space offers.

But it's great that these two EAM leaders in the field continue to evolve their two cutting-edge systems at a rapid pace and they really do improve both the efficacy, safety and efficiency for all forms of atrial and ventricular ablation therapies.

Right now, Abbott's new EnSite Precision EAM system is getting a lot of press mainly due to the recent roll out of their latest upgrade that helps it improve its past competitive possession a fair degree relative to industry leader BW's CARTO 3D system. And Clay, rest assured Biosense Webster has not been resting on its laurels at all and continue to press the edge of the envelope and have a very mature and dynamically flexible CARTO 3 system with a host of new advancements as well helping to justify their continued reputation as the overall leader in this field.

Which brings me to this reminder, it's a lot of fun and very interesting for us technology buffs to dive in and learn about the latest EP gear and benefits, but I also caution us afibbers not to get too overly enamored with a given new system with an exciting new potential promise. Just be careful not to get so excited by any peice of tech to the point of demanding your EP use it in your ablation or EP procedure. First choose the most experienced and well-regarded EP you can for doing the exact work that you need done in elite level expert fashion, and then fully trust in their decision of what tools to use in any given case ... including our own!

Be well,
Shannon

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/14/2017 08:47AM by Shannon.
Re: EnSite Precision Cardiac Mapping System - is this a big improvement?
February 14, 2017 08:35AM
Don't care if my EP uses mirrors on the end of a stick if his success rate is 99.8 percent. Makes sense to me. I have see technology fail with some pretty exciting results over the years. I don't like excitement.

Murray L

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tikosyn uptake Dec 2011 500ug b.i.d. NSR since!
Herein lies opinion, not professional advice, which all are well advised to seek.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login