Welcome to the Afibber’s Forum
Serving Afibbers worldwide since 1999
Moderated by Shannon and Carey

Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Stopping Mustaq after 3 months Post Ablation.

Posted by Methan99 
Stopping Mustaq after 3 months Post Ablation.
February 07, 2017 03:56PM
Hi, I had and Ablation with Dr Natale about 3 months ago and was advised by his office to stop taking Multaq on my 3 month anniversary
Jan 23rd.
Since there is no tapering I will just stop taking it. Did any one experience any withdrawal symptoms other than AFIB/Fluttersmiling smiley?
I did have flutter during my first four weeks post procedure with three cardio versions and after the 3rd it all stopped not sure if its from healing or Multaq. I do get occasional fast skipped beets for few seconds not sure what that is.

This was my second ablation with Dr Natale after 9 years and this time LAA was ablated.

Thanks
Mike
Re: Stopping Mustaq after 3 months Post Ablation.
February 07, 2017 08:26PM
Dr. Natale followed the same regimen with Multaq with me last summer as with you. I had no withdrawal symptoms. I also was cardioverted twice during the blanking period and slipped back into a flutter state in mid-Dec. I think too it's LAA related. What was originally scheduled to be my six month check up with TEE in March will be a "touch up." Sort of a bummer but still far better than being on fire or getting shot at. The good side of things is for my Sept six month follow up I will take a long motorcycle trip to UT via Austin.
Re: Stopping Mustaq after 3 months Post Ablation.
February 08, 2017 09:26AM
Hey Jay,

Good to hear from you! What date will you be in Austin next month?

You've done really well on this index go around, especially considering your long-term extensive AFIB prior to your index ablation. As we discussed before the ablation, I was pretty darn sure you would need a two part solution for long term freedom, and it seemed a near certainty when I saw your ablation report was indeed very similar to my own in terms of total duration of the ablation and amount of work required being just a handful of minutes shy of my own very extensive 117 minutes of RF burn time required in my index procedure 9 years ago.

This next visit to Austin will very likely be a walk in the park with, as you suspect, the main trigger area needing to be addressed likely being a spot or two between the CS and LAA in order to finish buttoning down these two more challenging frontier structures in the left and right atria that are so intimidatory connected electrically and that present a 30% to 40% chanced of needing that a touch up procedure to long term. It's just not always possibly to achieve durable isolation of those two structures in a single procedure.

As we get older too, well into our 'golden years', and have had issues with AFIB for a long while, the odds of needing a second visit to the maestros EP Lab increase. My philosophy is if you are going to need a touch up anyway, might as well get it done sooner rather than later :-).

Seed me a message or give me a ring on what date you are going to be in Austin as I'll be there the first weekend in March for the International Symposium on the Left Atrial Appendage conference which this year is better my held in Austin. Would be great if the dates overlap so we cold rendezvous!

Take care Buddy!
Shannon
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login