Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Murray L. UPDATE

Posted by Murray L 
Murray L. UPDATE
February 01, 2017 10:07AM
Well folks...it has been several months since my ablation. So far blessed NSR with the odd short period of skipped beats which I can feel. Have had three examinations in this blanking period but have not seen Dr. Verma. I WILL see him April 17 at the hospital/clinic and perhaps come off Tikosyn completely I hope. They did reduce my dosage from 500 mcg twice a day to 250 mcg twice a day. They may just drop me to 125 mcg as well. In consideration of the fact that I was on the operating table for some 7-8 hours for the ablation. I mentioned earlier that they took me to a room in the cardiac wing post ablation and fed me dinner intending to observe me for a few days but the next morning Dr. Verma came by and told me the procedure appeared to be totally happy and I could go home if I wished. I was gone like a shot. He also gave me the great news that they saw no sign of heart damage aside from the fact that my LA was somewhat enlarged. I am going to ask if it has shrunk further. Also no sign of arterial sclerosis whatsoever which was unusual for a 60 year old male. They are NOT SMART ING anyone on Tikosyn who is not already using the drug for reasons unknown and this may be why they are tapering me off slowly. Once I am off I cannot restart it.

The procedure was totally painless. Wish I had been diagnosed ten years earlier and had it fixed back then.

Newbies....this is the most outstanding site in the world for AFIBBERS. My sincere and profound thanks for everyone involved. Thank-you.

Murray L

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tikosyn uptake Dec 2011 500ug b.i.d. NSR since!
Herein lies opinion, not professional advice, which all are well advised to seek.
Re: Murray L. UPDATE
February 01, 2017 12:12PM
Great news Murray!

Best wishes too on the taper off Tikosyn. Dr Verma and Dr K at Southlake are the best in Canada.

Keep us posted as usual!

Shannon
February 01, 2017 04:08PM
That's wonderful news, Murray. Great to hear from you.
After all that... I'm so pleased for you but actually not at all surprised
given Dr. Verma's expertise.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you and the next phase.

Kind regards,
Jackie
February 02, 2017 12:18PM
Fantastic news Murray. Best wishes for continued NSR.

Lou
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login