Welcome to the Afibber’s Forum
Serving Afibbers worldwide since 1999
Moderated by Shannon and Carey

Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Sodium bicarbonate. How much to take for a healthy senior.

Posted by alexe 
Sodium bicarbonate. How much to take for a healthy senior.
January 24, 2017 08:21PM
Gentlefolk,

I like the idea of being more alkaline and sodium bicarbonate seems a simple way as a starting point.

As a healthy 82-year-old on no medications apart from half dose Eliquis what is a practical no harms starting dose?

Thanks

Alex
Re: Sodium bicarbonate. How much to take for a healthy senior.
January 25, 2017 01:28PM
Alex:

You can also get a PH water bottle, this water bottle has a filter and is able to raise the PH, I got two of the water bottles for my daughter and grand daughter, called Seychelle PH water bottle.

FACT: Elevates pH level in water to 8.0-9.5.

FACT: Filters out offensive tastes, odors, chlorine, silt, sand, and chemicals such as pesticides.

FACT: Removes harmful metals such as aluminum, arsenic, asbestos lead, and copper.

FACT: Removes radiological contaminants.

Liz
January 25, 2017 04:45PM
Hello Alex - Some time ago Erling offered an extensive post on this topic in the General Forum.
[www.afibbers.org]

I thought I remember it was 1/2 teaspoon twice a day along with a low sodium diet but when I scanned the article, I didn't see dosages and didn't have time to follow further. If you check some of the links and references and find an answer,
please let me know. I had always been concerned about getting too much sodium, but after reading more and also the responses from Barry G in the other thread on Baking Soda and Vernon's Dance with Cancer... there is compelling evidence to consider it.

Jackie
January 26, 2017 11:09AM
Alex... As a general guide for dosing with baking soda, Mike Adams, aka Health Ranger, and editor of Natural News suggests two ways for using baking soda.

• Make a pH drink by combining two tablespoons lemon or lime juice with half a teaspoon of baking soda. After foaming has subsided, add 8-12 ounces of water and drink immediately.

• Add one to two teaspoons of baking soda mixed with an eight ounce glass of water daily. If you have hypertension or edema, this may not be a good choice for you. Speak to your health practitioner.
[www.naturalnews.com]

Mike typically offers very reliable information and usually provides references to support his advice.
In this case, he lists Theodore A. Baroody, DC, ND, PhD Nutrition. The first book I read on the importance of maintaining an alkaline pH was his newly published book in 1991 title: Alkalize or Die. It’s loaded with important, practical information. [www.amazon.com]

It's always a good idea to check your tissue pH regularly with pH strips... you can use with saliva and urine so that you don't overdo since too alkaline is not healthy, either.

Jackie
February 16, 2017 07:54AM
Hi Jackie.

I was just visiting the BB to pick up some info on Magnesium (I take Carlsons Labs Chelated Magnesium from iHerb via this site) and as always when I make these rare visits I check through some of the posts. I can report I and my family still drink only bottled (5 Litre) Natural Spring Water from named brands with a starting pH of at least 7pH and I add one level teaspoon of baking soda, Not baking powder, which brings the pH up to 8pH - 8.5 pH which I call cancer hunter killer grade to anyone who will listen. I drink at least 1.5Ltr of this water over each day one glass fortified with high strength Lugols iodine that I make myself, one glass fortified with 3000mg of Vit C powder and one glass fortified with approx. 10mg of boron/borax solution. I have been doing this baking soda water issue for maybe 4 years now with no issues whatsoever, apart from no afib.

I am now 67 and touch wood in excellent condition hiking/jogging the hills of Hong Kong 3 or four times a week with a guy aged 40. Not bad for some one who dared not chase after my 4 year old son 10 years ago for fear of afib kicking in within 20 mtrs.

My thanks as always to the guys in Bordeaux.

Barry G.
February 16, 2017 01:40PM
Hi Barry! - So great to see your post and know you continue to do so very well. I love the alkalizing program you are on and definitely feel it is to everyone's advantage to be mindful of the importance of all that you mention. It's certainly working for you (as advertised). Thanks for letting us know.

Best to you,
Jackie
February 18, 2017 12:35AM
Really great to hear from you Barry!

And as Jackie said, I too am happy to hear things are going just fine with you over in Hong Kong!

Don't be too much of a stranger and check back in a few months when as you say ... 'touch wood' ... we should have the third and last phase of the website revamp up and moving along.

Cheers!
Shannon
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login