Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

***IMPORTANT NOTICE*** Our New Forum Has Officially Launched

Posted by tvanslooten 
***IMPORTANT NOTICE*** Our New Forum Has Officially Launched
October 28, 2016 03:52PM
We have great news for you all, that our first major step toward revamping our Afibbers.org resource has occurred effective today … a fully updated and spam-protected Afibbers Forum which no longer requires the generic universal log-in to access and read the forum!

The previously named ‘Bulletin Board’ has been renamed the more descriptive: ‘Afibbers Forum’. In the process, a full update of the Phorum Platform that we have used to host our forum for many years now has been accomplished, and in the process new generation spam-blocking modules have been installed to help minimize possible spam interference within the forum.

With behind the scenes spam control on the job now, we no longer have to depend on the often cumbersome and unhandy forum log-in which used to require all afibbers who wish to simply access and just read the forum, to enter the universal username: ‘afibbers’ and password: ‘2sesame’. From today forward, each of us only has to click the ‘Afibbers Forum’ link found at the top of the vertical list of menu options on the left side bar on the home page. All other links to the forum throughout the site will go to the new forum.

A major additional benefit to opening up our Afibbers forum by eliminating the login required, until now to access the forum, is that gradually over the coming months the full 13 year history of our forum will become indexed in the various major internet search engines such as Google, Bing etc for the first time. As a result, over time a larger number of afibbers throughout the world who typically have only been able to discover our resource by word of mouth, will soon be able to find our little oasis in the AFIB online universe directly via internet search engines! (note: the first three years of our forum archives were unfortunately lost during transfer from our original forum platform to our current Phorum platform prior to Oct. 2003).

Shannon & Travis

P.S. This was a major transition that took place behind the scenes so there may be an occasional bug here or there. If you have any issues, please reply here to this post with a description of the bug you discovered. We are already aware of the message you may get telling you that there is a private message or an unapproved message for you once you log into the site under your username and password. and yet no private message is shown.

The erroneous 'private message' some of you my have received will be addressed shortly, along with a couple of other minor glitches, as soon as the developer of the Phorum platform in Germany is back in his office and can take care of these minor issues.

Take care,
Shannon

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 11/16/2016 10:07PM by Shannon.
Re: ***IMPORTANT NOTICE*** Our New Forum Has Officially Launched
October 29, 2016 01:51PM
Shannon & Travis,

I may be the only one who will notice this, but it looks like links back to the forum to posts from what were prior forums are broken. Likely no way to fix with the combining, but I thought I'd point it out. An example is the link in this post [www.afibbers.org] . This is the broken link [www.afibbers.org] and it converts to this: [www.afibbers.org]

Great job on the combination!!

George

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/30/2016 06:45AM by Oliver Riesen.
October 29, 2016 06:54PM
Hi George,

You can find past posts anywhere in the combined forums going back to October 2003 via the advanced search feature, and when you are at the same post you showed the link to from 2011 you can return to the current home page of the new combined forum by clicking the 'Forum List' ion 'Message List' link found at the top left hand side of the very first thread message at the top of each thread entry to at the top left of the full message list.

Also, all earlier posts were lost when Hans migrated his original forum platform to the current Phorum Platform when he moved the website to a new ISP in 2003 and had to switch to an entirely different forum.

Oliver, our Phorum platform expert from Germany we hired to handle the upgrade for Phorum Platform, will be monitoring these issue notices here and I'll will ask him too if there is a fix that can make it possible to move from one click back to a current thread or post one may have been in when doing a search for a prior historic post and then wants to return to the same current message they were reading after jumping back in time to a message from a prior time. I am not sure if that function can be recreated if it was lost during the merging of all past Forum segments that were required when the earlier forum platform.

I hope so but, if we can't recover that particular function then posters can just jump back to the current Forum home page and migrate quickly from there back to the more current message they wish to return too with just one extra click that would be required if we can recover the one step more direct way back to the original message the search originated in.

Will keep you posted when I learn of what is possible to address this issue.

Thanks George,

Shannon
October 30, 2016 06:46AM
Hi George,

thank for your report. I'll correct the handling of these old links. Give me some time...

Regards
Oliver
October 30, 2016 09:59AM
Many thanks Oliver!

Shannon
October 30, 2016 09:02PM
Thank you Oliver!
October 31, 2016 02:20PM
Hi George,

I corrected the old links to work in the new combined forum.

Regards
Oliver
October 31, 2016 02:23PM
Oliver,

Wonderful!!!

Thanks!

George
November 05, 2016 01:54PM
Yes, Thanks to All for the intense work and improvements. I just discovered the RSS feed.. .really handy... if it was always there, apparently, I never saw it. Love using it.

However, now, I note that a couple entries to Chuck's post on Learning Curve - Closing the LAA... show up in the RSS feed posts.. but are not indicated on the screen showing all of the current posts.

??

Thanks for all you do!

Jackie
November 06, 2016 08:37PM
Shannon/Travis/Oliver/George/Jackie/ and many others!

Thanks for working so hard behind the scenes.....your efforts are greatly appreciated!

Best wishes to all.

Sincerely,
Ken
November 12, 2016 01:20AM
You are welcome Ken, Jackie, George and all.

Oliver handled the forum updates and move from afibbers.net to its new home afibbers.org which we will be consolidating the full website under that URL when we merge the now 3 URLs ( afibbers.org, .net and .com) together just prior to launching the website redesign.

Cheers!

Shannon
December 07, 2016 04:10PM
Perhaps this is for Oliver.

When you quote a prior post to respond, the right hand side gets chopped off.

Below is an example, I quoted Shannon's post from above in this thread.

George

Shannon Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi George,
>
> You can find past posts anywhere in the combined f
>
> Also, all earlier posts were lost when Hans migrat
>
> Oliver, our Phorum platform expert from Germany we
>
> I hope so but, if we can't recover that particular
>
> Will keep you posted when I learn of what is possi
>
> Thanks George,
>
> Shannon
December 10, 2016 09:57AM
Thanks George,

I'll forward this to Oliver as it is definitely a topic for him. Magdalena and I are in Las Vegas the last three days with two more to go where I am helping my friend and world renowned endocrinologist Dr Thierry Hertoghe at the annual A4M Congress with his presentations here while gather the latest installment that's in functional/integrative medicine to link on our updated website in what will be the new expanded self-health section.

We are also taking in the latest insights in Stem cell regenerative medicine which has is making steady progress towards revolutionizing much of medicine.

thanks again for ferreting out this glitch in the new forum code George and I'll send it over to Oliver pronto.

Shannon
December 14, 2016 03:09PM
Hi George,

GeorgeN
When you quote a prior post to respond, the right hand side gets chopped off.

Strange. I'll have to investigate a little bit deeper...

For the moment I changed the default behavior for quoting to the BBCode style which was already available via the editor tool buttons.

Regards
Oliver
December 19, 2016 03:01AM
Hi George,

my own discussion forum shows the same behavior when I switch to the default setting for quoting. So it is a bug in the Phorum software. I opened an bug report: [github.com]

Regards
Oliver
December 19, 2016 09:49AM
Oliver,

Thanks!

George
December 21, 2016 03:35AM
Hi George, hi Shannon,

I corrected the bug with the truncated quotes.

Nevertheless the question to Shannon: Which kind of quotes do you prefer for your forum?

Default quote style:

Shannon wrote:
---------------------------------------
> Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consetetur sadipscing
> elitr, sed diam nonumy eirmod tempor invidunt ut
> labore et dolore magna aliquyam erat, sed diam
> voluptua.

or BBCode quote style:

Shannon
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consetetur sadipscing elitr, sed diam nonumy eirmod tempor invidunt ut labore et dolore magna aliquyam erat, sed diam voluptua.

I leave the BBCode quote style active. Shannon, please let me know if you want to switch back to the default.

Regards
Oliver
December 21, 2016 08:18AM
Thanks Oliver,

The BBCode stylecthat you have selected is fine for quotes.

Happy Holidays Oliver!
Shannon
December 21, 2016 09:34AM
Hi Oliver,

I concur with Shannon.

Thanks & Happy Holidays!!

George
February 18, 2017 10:37PM
The Conference Room link on this page <[www.afibbers.org]

is [www.afibbers.org]
and should be [www.afibbers.org]

George
February 21, 2017 12:17PM
Thanks George! The link has been fixed.

Travis

GeorgeN
The Conference Room link on this page <[www.afibbers.org]

is [www.afibbers.org]
and should be [www.afibbers.org]

George
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login