Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

When you get a PAC or TWO!!

Posted by Marshal 
Marshal
When you get a PAC or TWO!!
November 05, 2003 04:55AM
Just curious. Anyone ever get a little sick at your stomach when you have a pac/pvc? Now and again I'll get a pretty heavy/pronounced ectopic that makes me queezy for a few minutes. Could it be that I am the only person in the world to experience this?

Blessings,
MLM
Michael in San Fran
Re: When you get a PAC or TWO!!
November 05, 2003 06:53AM
I haven't experienced such PACs in recent months, but I have in the past (before I started magnesium supplementation). I think the effect of skipped beats (PACs) is that in the long interval between the full contractions of the ventricles, the heart fills more completely with blood than normally and so there is a larger volume of blood pumped, with more than usual force, through the system. This, potentially at least, creates a number of effects such as delivering an extra amount of oxygen to the brain, stimulating various baroreceptors and so forth, which produce a series of neurochemical responses in the body. Yes, such events can deliver quite a jolt. Nothing of any serious consequence ever happened to me as a result, however. Maybe if one happened when I was negotiating a steep turn at high speed on my motorcycle...
JRBabb
November 05, 2003 01:32PM
I think what makes yo dizzy and sick are the pac's probably have a 2 to 3 second pause in your beat. That's how it was for me. My Doc indicated he did not think it was a problem untill he saw it on the screen. (Then he became alarmed).

The answer was the pauses were doing to thinks, one less oxygen the other a drop in blood pressure.

His answer was to increase the meds.

babb
John
November 07, 2003 01:06PM
Marshal, I notice the opposite. When my stomach is a little upset, or acidic, or whatever, I get PACs. My biggest trigger seems to be gastronomical distress, but maybe the PACs cause the gastro distress instead of vice versa. I don't think so, but I am absolutely certain there is a connection between gastro upset and PACs and then afib.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login