Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Oxidative Stress Panel Results

Posted by Richard 
Richard
Oxidative Stress Panel Results
November 05, 2003 04:18AM
I completely forgot to post the results of my oxidative stress panel. It was a single page and tucked behind some other paperwork.

Reduced Glutathione Ref Range >=32 Result 28 Low red range
Lipid Peroxides Ref Range <=3.4 Result 4.1 High red range

The commentary:

Glutathione is a major antioxidant, anticarcinogen, and marker of antioxidant status of the body. Reduced glutathione is used by the body to prevent or minimize damage by oxidative free radicals. A low level indicates reduced ability of the body to remove free radicals and shows increased oxidative stress. Frequently, low levels of glut. are assoc. with endo- and exotoxicity, autoimmune diseases and chronic inflammation.

Sustained exposure to reactive oxygen species results in damage to tissues. An elevated serum peroxide level indicates the amount of serum lipid damaged by oxidants, a reflection of excessive free radical activity. Free radical tissue damage is thought to underlie many pathological processes such as atherosclerosis, aging, chronic fatigue syndrome, cancer, Parkinson's and Alzheimers.

I am taking N-acetyl-cysteine and reduced glutathione, along with taurine. I added methionine, as well. I'll comment further, but I have to go right now.

Richard
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login