Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

2 wks post ablation

Posted by JRBabb 
JRBabb
2 wks post ablation
November 05, 2003 01:09AM
Well, I had my follow-up yesterday. So far so good. The doc wants me to remain on all meds and will begin to ween me after next visit in early Dec.

As far as any problems, except for occasional very short blurps, nothing, or it could be gas, not sure.

I was told to maintain my pre-diet, such as no msg, phosphates, nitrates.

I was looking forward to a Smithfield Ham at Thanksgiving. Guess it will be for Christmas instead.

I will return to work on Monday. My recovery was slower than most, or was it?

Tell more later

JRBabb,
Darlington, SC.
Re: 2 wks post ablation
November 05, 2003 01:33AM
Thanks for your update. Sounds as if you are doing well and proceeding normally.

I was told that I could resume normal activity after 48 hours... I have to clarify "normal" - I can't believe it is okay - even if I feel great - to go back to the daily exercise routine I'm on. Two weeks sounds about right to me.

Too bad about the ham, but you are doing so well, that is a small sacrifice to make.

Keep us posted.

I'm going in one week from today and all the recent posting about ablation has helped me deal with the upcoming event.

Your input is welcome news to me. Best regards, Jackie
Jose
Re: 2 wks post ablation
November 05, 2003 08:05AM
Hello JRBabb,

Nice to hear everything is going well for you. Four days after my procedure, I had a few hours of AF. It was very mild compared to the episodes I had pre-ablation. They only lasted a few hours and only for four days. So its been almost a whole week without it, except for the occasional skipped beat or two.

My recovery has been very slow as well. Its been two weeks, and I still have some difficulty breathing when in bed. Although, it usually goes away after a few minutes but feels uncomfortable. I will be returning to my job fulltime next Monday. Diet restrictions for me where just to maintain a low-carb, low-sodium diet. Otherwise, no other restrictions. Hope everything continues to go well for you JRBabb.

Jackie, best wishes to you on your procedure. You will be in my prayers.

Jose
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login