Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

How many PACs/day?

Posted by lorraine 
lorraine
How many PACs/day?
November 01, 2003 02:18PM
I am wondering what is considered a "few" PAC's per day, and what is considered a large number? I range from about 10 to 50/day depending on nothing very obvious. I take the same amount of magnesium glycinate each day (~800 mg elemental) so that doesn't seem to be a factor for me. It is sometimes related to stress but not always.

I think one of Hans' surveys once asked how many PAC's we had per hour (or minute ?), but I don't remember the results.

I also wonder if some of you vary as much as I do and what you think that's due to. Thanks.

Lorraine
JRBabb
Re: How many PACs/day?
November 01, 2003 02:35PM
Lorraine, (That's my sisters name by the way).

Before my ablation, I would have anywhere from 0 to too many to count
per day. It would depend on what I ate. For me it was to stay clear of MSG, sodium phosphates and nitrates.

I hated Pac's more than AF, I guess since I had them much more and
when i was having them could not sleep on my left side at all.

JRBABB
lorraine
November 01, 2003 03:10PM
JRBAB - Thanks for your reply. I eat very carefully so Idon't think I'm getting the three ingredients you mentioned, but possibly the calcium in the small amout of cottage cheese or yogurt I sometimes have can cause it. I'll take note after I eat them. I hate PAC's too because they never let me forget about afib for any length of time, but other than that, they are not very strong.

Lorraine
Mike F. V42
November 01, 2003 08:28PM
I usually get 20-50 PACs per day. A real good day I'll get hardly any - just a few. On a real bad day, I'll get a hundered or two. I usually get a short run of PACs (2-6 secs) most days also.

Funny this. Years ago - 1897-1995 (and pre-AF) - any Holters I had for ectopics ALWAYS showed PVCs ONLY. Now, any Holters show PACs ONLY. Go figure indeed.

Mike F.
lorraine
November 01, 2003 11:26PM
Mike - I think PAC's are preferable (if you can use that word for them!). Sorry to read your post about your recent episodes. I'm going through that same disappointment. I've had more epidodes than you over the last two years, but then I went 5 months - the longest period yet, without one, and had hoped my strict vitamin and food regimen was working, but then had 3 in a two week period, and today, another, after 3 1/2 weeks. Very discouraging. Like you, though, these recent episodes are shorter and more mild than my past ones. Mine usually last 1/2 - 1 3/4 hrs with heartrate 90 - 120, but these last ones were 3 minutes - 15 minutes with about 85-95bpm. Of course I wouldn't be too surprised if that changed again, too....... Let's keep our fingers crossed, since that might work as well as anything else!

Lorraine
Mike F. V42
November 01, 2003 11:37PM
Lorraine,

At least your last episodes were 'nice' and short! SOunds like GOOD progress to me.... Are you on any meds?? Did they occur at night??

Mike F.
lorraine
November 02, 2003 01:13AM
Mike - I've never been on any medication in the two yrs I've had afib, although the drs certainly offered some! The only medication is the on demand atenolol I mentioned, and I'm hoping my lack of medication will be a significant plus long term.

I've never really figured out if I'm vagal, adrenergic or mixed because my 16 episodes were between 5pm and 1 am with 3 exceptions at noon, 6am and 8am. None of the 16 were while I was asleep or even lying down (and probably not while sitting either). None of them were during excercise either, so you see why they are hard to categorize.

Lorraine
Chris H
November 02, 2003 02:22AM
Mike

Although you have AF I don't think you can realy complain being approx 142 years old .
Wales are playing England in the world cup.

Chris H
Pam
November 02, 2003 06:14AM
Lorraine:
Mine are more like Mikes. I have anywhere from 0/min to 5 or 6/min, then maybe nothing for a few hours. I probably have 30 to 200 per day, along with some short bursts of 8 or 10 seconds of afib. When I have sustained afib (once every 2 to 3 weeks) it starts out at about 140 BPM and gradually over 6 to 12 hours slows down and then converts. I take Atenalol 50 mg every evening and Lanoxin .25 mg every morning. I have to blame myself for some of it as I still drink 2 or 3 cups of Java every morning and have an occasional glass of wine.

Pam

PS I really can't tell PAC's from PVC's and know that I have both.
Newman
November 02, 2003 06:48AM
Pam,

On another post I think you said you have had an ablation. Would you mind posting where and when and who, why it wasn't successful, or was it partially successful.

Newman
Pam
November 03, 2003 07:06AM
Newman: I just got banned from another group for doing that. The info about my terrible ablation experience and a terrible pacemaker experience was on their database for 6 or 8 months. One of the doctors responsible got wind of that database and called the owner/moderator, who deleted my database, and deleted me from the group. I'm hesitant to do that. Being on a support group is good for me. I am now on permanant disability and have time on my hands. I also still have afib. My e-mail is pammie416@hotmail.com Post me off board

Pam
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login