Advanced

Cardizam 180mg

Posted by maryj 
maryj
Cardizam 180mg
October 31, 2003 04:52AM
Hi everyone:

Happy Halloween......

Has anyone on this form taking Cardizam found that this med actually increases the severity of the palpatations?

I have found that since taking this I am having more frequent palpations and much more severe than I had before....

I'm the person who had the ablation(s) that didn't work last year and now they have me on this med (30 days now) after trying all the other meds that didn't work either and I find that I am worse on this than I am without any meds...

I still take Coumadin and have tried all the Arrythmia Drugs (stopped them after all the side effects) lethargy, dizzy, etc......Also had Atenolol which definitely increased my afib.....

Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem with Cardizam....I'm going to the EP next week and we will surely have another "go round", but I want to be able to say someone is having the same problem as me (if that is true-) Thanks a lot for your help, I really appreciate it.

Stay Healthy and Happy
Yypo
Re: Cardizam 180mg
November 01, 2003 01:41AM
I sugget you take less diltiazm. It can't prevent afib any way only reduce it's severity. I find that 30mg once or twice a day is more than enough. Better is to take 30mg as soon as an episode starts.
JRBabb
Re: Cardizam 180mg
November 01, 2003 02:38PM
I am on Cardizem, but no problems for me. Is it not a beta-blocker?

JRBabb
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login