Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Cortisone and afib

Posted by Carol Andrews 
Carol Andrews
Cortisone and afib
January 06, 2012 04:42AM
Without going into all the details, I am scheduled to have a cortisone injection in my knee or hip to try to determine the origin of the pain.

Is there any possibility that cortisone could trigger afib or cause other arrhythia problems?

The orthopedic is highly trained and respected, but was off-base about prescribing NSAI's to me a while ago. Ibuprophin definitely effected my heart.

Thanks,
Carol
Raybok
Re: Cortisone and afib
January 06, 2012 07:37AM
I have had five cortisone shots in my shoulder and I don't attribute any of my afib espisodes to the shots.
Ray
lulu
January 06, 2012 09:07AM
I had cortisone in my knee twice and twice I went into afib for about 6 hours later in the day.. Other than the fluttering in my chest, I had no symptoms and cardioverted spontaneously each time before the next day.
Nancy
January 06, 2012 01:07PM
I have had 3 shots into my knees over the years - not any problem.
PeggyM
January 06, 2012 05:07PM
Hello Carol, I recently had a cortisone shot in my knee. It was not as effective at reducing pain as the doctor claimed it would be, but it did not cause even a bobble in my heart rhythm.
PeggyM
janet
January 07, 2012 07:08AM
I have had Cortisone as well for a shoulder injury several times and it was very effective as well ,it made no difference at all to the A/fib so dont give it a second thought just be pain free
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login