Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

PAC's and more PAC's...

Posted by Martin 
Martin
PAC's and more PAC's...
October 04, 2003 11:48PM
Hi,

I am a 23 yr old male who about 2 years ago began to experience PAC's at the rate of about 2-3 per minute. At the time i had been though stressful period and was not living right so i figured they would fade away once i got my life on order. So far they have not and they have gotten worse, i confess i only started making real dietary and exercise changes in my life about 4 months ago so its probably too early to see results. I can get up to 15 PAC's or more a minute and i never have a minute where i dont get atleast 2. They are there all day everyday and have stopped only twice in the last two years once for 3 days the other for 5 days. I dont know why they stopped.

I am exploring eliminating certain things from diet. Supplements seem to do nothing for me, and i am beginnning to think certain supplements i have been taking may be the reason i have had an increase in PAC's lately.

The reason i am posting is i was wondering what the likelihood of my PAC's turning into Afib is?

Did many people here start with PAC's that eventually turned into afib?

I am full aware of this as a possibily and am determined to stop these things before it could eventuate into something worse but i am curious to see if many people in the forum began with just PAC's.
Richard
Re: PAC's and more PAC's...
October 05, 2003 04:59AM
Martin,

Read my reply to Todd, and then do some studying on magnesium, especially in the form of Mg. glycinate.

Here's an excerpt from www.krispin.com/magnes.html

Magnesium has been consistently depleted in our soils. It has been further depleted in plants by the use of potassium and phosphorus laden fertilizers which alter the plant's ability to uptake magnesium. Water from deep wells supplies additional magnesium not found in food, but surface water, our common source of supply, lacks magnesium. Food processing removes magnesium. Broiling, steaming and boiling remove magnesium into the water or drippings. High carbohydrate and high fat diets increase the need for magnesium as does physical and mental stress. Diuretic medications and insulin further deplete total body magnesium. As we age magnesium uptake may be impaired. Dieting reduces intake of already low levels of magnesium intake.

Don't forget to study at www.mgwater.com

Richard
vph
October 05, 2003 11:13AM
I went right to fibrillation. No PACs. Between episodes, my heart is very calm, thank goodness.
Ella
October 05, 2003 01:22PM
Mine started with tachycardia lasting about 10 -20 minutes back in 1998
I noticed it was after eating chinese food so I eliminated all msg, then I got it after eating ham and bacon, so elinimated everything with nitrates, I got my first fullblown afib episode in 1993 but was not diagnosed till 1995 with afib. I trusted the doctors and went through all the usual meds, each one made me worse so I started seeing a naturopath and it took 6 months to get rid of a bad case of candidiasis (yeast in the gut) and then detoxify my liver from all the meds. But meanwhile I became sensitive to all chemicals including gluten, I have been housebound the last 4 years except for occasional trips to dr's and have arrived there in afib because of the auto exhaust on the road. Still get fib about every 10 - 14 days but very mild now compared to when I was on meds and only lasting 4-10 hours.

All the best to all

Ella (66 vagal I think)
Richard
October 05, 2003 05:19PM
Ella,

Has your doctor ever suggested the sulphur containing amino, methionine, or even MSM, as this is very important, esp. methionine, for toxic metals or any toxicities for that matter. You really should have your amino levels checked for this. You just might get your life back. Did you read my post, about how important lemon juice is for the liver. In the book "Back to Eden", the Kloss family states that the lemon is the most medicinal fruit on the planet. Typhoid fever cannot live in lemon juice. Do discuss this with your doctor.

I might add, Ella, that you can get l-methionine in pure crystalline form with no additives, if your sensitive to that, or at least your doctor can.

Richard
Ella
October 06, 2003 06:50AM
Richard
thank you for the above suggestion, I have printed it out to take to my doctor next time I go. It will be a while tho as my husband is having a major operation on Oct 9th and I gave up driving 4 years ago with all the afib and almost passing out I had then.
I have not seen a Dr since April just muddling along with all the great info I get from this board, a huge thanks to you all.

Ella
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login