Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Vagal A-Fib Portal

Posted by Babs 
Babs
Vagal A-Fib Portal
October 07, 2003 02:03AM
I was on a different quest when i found this just thought you might find some things of interest to compare. I just glanced and notice that there was a mention of Acid Reflux Gastric problems that can be the cause of a Fibs... I did have a very bad Indegestion last night which i've only had this bad once before..high up the chest bearing into the throat, thought i was going to be sick(or was it the sour Organic milk i had in my tea day before).
But i'm wondering if that what is what i have been getting for quite sometime now just the high chest pain and not the reflux part, Could that be what causing the digestion not to respond.....wish i could think ....back to drawing board......

[www.vagalafibportal.fsnet.co.uk]

Multi tasking and thinking don't go together

Babs :0)
Dean
Re: Vagal A-Fib Portal
October 07, 2003 11:26AM
Babs,
That website describes exactly the type of vagal AF that I have been experiencing. After my first AF attack and visit to the ER my own GP listened to my description of the symptoms and sent me to a Gaestroenterologist not a Cardio. The Gastro. sent me for a gaestrophy test and also a pH and oesophagus motility study test. The results of the Gaestrophy test revealed a loose ES and the pH study revealed significant reflux during the day especially after meals. The motility study indicated a slight impairment of the motility of the lower oesophagus. I am now on Losec tablets permanently for the reflux and now AF and flutters are very mild.
The pH study was interesting. They put a tube the size of your computer mouse cable through your nose and half way into your oesophagus (really disgusting!) and attach it to a Holter type monitor which you carry around for 24 hrs. The resultant graph that this produced matched exactly when I have AF and flutters!!!!!!!!!!! (The ideal and logical step would be to have the pH study AND a Holter monitor at the same time - has anybody had this done???)
The Gastro. then sent me to an EP who looked at the pH graph and said "very interesting"and is leaving me only on the Losec. The EP sent me for a EP study and possible ablation but ablation was not attempted as he deemed it "too invasive" at this time. The extra siginals causing my AF are coming in on the aeorta, possibly from the reflux and lower oesophagus He says I don't need to be on anti-arrythmic drugs at this time. Luckily,so far, I have never been on the merry-go-round of meds that most of the other afibbers on this website are on.
If you have vagal AF get checked out by a Gastro. - you may be surprised!!!!
If only Gastro's and Cardio's would work together on vagal AF we might all get somewhere (if only pigs will fly).
Dean
Babs
Re: Vagal A-Fib Portal - Whose on Losec
October 07, 2003 09:49PM
Dean

Good point, glad you never got to taake those horrid Beta-Blockers and presumably Warfarin. Well i know i have that problem, my GP gave me a perscription for Liquid Asilon think i will keep taking it and see how i go with it continiously instead as and when needed. I have been feeling uncomfortable these last few days, maybe it'll help me loose that gained weightas well.

My Cardio never mentioned (3 Cardios) an ablation to me, the mention of not having a Pacemaker yet was mentioned. NO they never listen. Even the other GP my local Doctor has employed keeps going on that every pain and problem i have in my body is STRESS, and should go when i've moved(away from ex husband) yes that may be so but there are ways of ridding us of these health problems quicker but they never listen to what we know is really going on inside.

Hearts oif Gold to you

Babs
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login