Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

ACE II (not ACE2 and not Ang II)

Posted by PC, MD 
ACE II (not ACE2 and not Ang II)
October 14, 2020 02:07PM
Everybody knows about the connection between vitamin D deficiency and COVID-19 susceptibility and that it follows a latitude bias. The farther north or south of the equator one lives the greater the likelihood of vitamin D deficiency.
However COVID-19 susceptibility also follows a bias with respect to longitude, which is even more significant.

SARS-CoV-2 infections and COVID-19 mortalities strongly correlate with ACE1 I/D genotype
ACE DD and COVID 19
The ACE DD genotype creates 2/3 more angiotensin II than the ACE II genotype.
Ang II and ACE II

Fat is bad
Childhood adiposity, adult adiposity, and the ACE gene insertion/deletion polymorphism: evidence of gene—environment interaction effects on adult blood pressure and hypertension status in adulthood
Obesity and COVID 19

The zero longitude for the DD genotype is through East Africa (the cradle of man) and the Middle East and the DD genotype is highest here, decreasing as humanity migrated east and west. The DD genotype was favored in order to survive malaria at the expense of hypertension later in life. As the evolutionary pressures of malaria lessened the I allele that protects against hypertension (and now the Covid) became favored.
Re: ACE II (not ACE2 and not Ang II)
October 16, 2020 01:30PM
Here are sized images. PC - go here [imgbb.com] , upload and get the fully linked code to insert sized images in your posts.

image upload website

My "smart" comment - putting a finger on my computer screen does nothingwinking smiley
Re: ACE II (not ACE2 and not Ang II)
October 16, 2020 03:55PM
Thank you George you’re the man!
In response to your intelligent comment I guess that only applies to an idevice.

I knew there was an app, but kept forgetting to look.
Mahalo
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login