Moderated by Shannon and Carey

Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

We have a right to be angry

We have a right to be angry
September 20, 2020 10:47PM
About 2 years ago at age 55, I learned that almost everything I ever learned about food and nutrition was wrong. For those of us that came of age in the 80s when low fat/high carb was the guidance the USDA (food pyramid and now my plate) and what MDs followed because of AHA, ADA etc guidelines have led to the epidemic of diabetes, heart disease, cancers, and yes AFIB that we are seeing now in the US and throughout the world.

This is one of the best videos you can watch to realize that you've been bamboozled for corporate profits (big food and big pharma) - hopefully it will lead you to search out more science that you can rely upon to make better decisions for yourself and for your family.

[www.youtube.com]
Re: We have a right to be angry
September 21, 2020 11:42AM
September 21, 2020 08:56PM
Just a personal note. I have data (sdLDL-C and oxLDL) that very materially increase when I increase saturated fat. Doesn't mean I'm not all on board about avoiding hyperinsulinemia - I am. My genetics put me in a spot. I have an increased risk for both heart and Alzheimer's disease. Reduced glucose processing in the brain of people with my genetics has been detected as early as their 3rd decade of life. Interestingly, there is a small study where those with my genetics who are insulin sensitive have 1/5 the cardiovascular risk of normals, but 2-2.5 x the risk of normals if they are insulin resistant, a 10x range and a strong incentive to stay insulin sensitive.

I've been keto adapted since 2009, but maintain this with little saturated fat. I do it with time restricted eating, fasting, a high monounsaturated fat diet. No grains, processed foods and no seed oils (soy, corn, canola & the like). I actually eat a fair amount of plants and my carb intake is fairly high for someone who is keto.

Not criticizing what NLAMA posted. Just saying the optimal answer may be more nuanced for certain genetics.
September 22, 2020 10:33AM
I agree George. I tried high fat (rib eyes) and felt the consequences immediately in gall bladder. I ran my DNA through Rhonda Patricks and Prometheus and I'm better off with leaner meats typical of my ancestors. (Doggerland)

But this crazed fear of butter, egg yolks, bacon is unfounded.

I'm also not anti carb but anti refined carb. I made Ischia Rabbit sunday and the garlic, grape tomatoes and pearl onions were very carby. It was a cheat meal of sorts because we have it only 2x a year.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login