Welcome to the Afibber’s Forum
Serving Afibbers worldwide since 1999
Moderated by Shannon and Carey

Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

COVID-19, lemon bioflavonoid complex and L-lysine ?

Posted by SueChef 
COVID-19, lemon bioflavonoid complex and L-lysine ?
March 21, 2020 04:14AM
My EP has been of little to no help about supplements..

As for COVID-19, we have been self-isolating since March 14.

Backstory: Eight years ago I was dx with Meniere's, which I feel was related directly to the shingles vaccine (got the <live> vaccine on a Wed, woke up deaf in my left ear on Thursday). I think Meniere's was a mistaken dx as I had no other symptoms & my hearing loss resolved...then weeks later, my left ear was fine but my right ear had a sudden hearing loss. More weeks later and all was resolved, back to normal, without any tinnitus or other symptoms. Last month I had sudden onset of tinnitus, which resolved quite quickly, but the dx was possible Meniere's--although again, I had no other symptoms than tinnitus, and this time, no hearing loss. It's a mystery, but after the dx 8 years ago, I began taking lemon bioflavonoid complex and L-lysine. I stopped taking these a few years ago.

Researching a bit about tinnitus and Meniere's etc, is that one cause *might be* viral. When I became temporarily deaf in my left ear, it sure did seem like something set up housekeeping there... then the virus moved somehow to my right ear weeks later.

I've read that lemon bioflavonoid complex, which has the stuff from the rind of the lemon, plus something called hesperidia from the fruit, plus something called rutin from some other part of the lemon, impedes the replication of viruses. The rind is thought to have a high concentration of eriocitrin (aka eriodictyol) <I don't know what these are yet!> which has shown to dilate or widen capillaries and small arteries, permitting increased blood flow. Is this a problem if I'm already taking Pradaxa??

Onto L-Lysine (not lysine), which is also said to reduce or stop virus replication, notably the herpes simplex viral infections as well as the herpes zoster infections.

Does anyone know anything about these two substances and how helpful they may be in terms of COVID-19, or are things anyone's guess at this point?

I read and will re-read the post "Vitamin D, COVID, and Losartan" by PC,MD. I'll have to re-read it probably a few times for comprehension purposes.

We do have Lypo-Spheric Vit C packets on hand, as well as Vit C crystals. We have not taken these at higher doses prophylactically yet -- but if symptoms of COVID-19 appear, would it be too late at that time of a first symptom, to start an increased Vit C regimen? I realize I may asking for crystal ball stuff, and yet, perhaps someone has an idea about this? Better late than never for the Vit C stuff?

Thank you so much!!!
Sue
Re: COVID-19, lemon bioflavonoid complex and L-lysine ?
March 21, 2020 03:43PM
Thank you for moving this post to this forum!
March 23, 2020 03:00PM
March 26, 2020 03:15AM
Thank you for the links, PC,MD! Much appreciated!
Sue
Joe
March 26, 2020 04:10AM
Thank you from me as well, PC,MD!
Did read Dr Kalokerinos's book many years ago. What i don't understand, why isn't IV vitamin C used routinely for infections????
What would i have to do to get that treatment should i be unlucky enough to be admitted to hospital with COVID 19? That's in Melbourne Australia.
No doubt, you are familiar with the 'DR Marik protocol' for toxemia? Would this protocol be efficacious for virus infections?
March 26, 2020 07:12PM
You are all most welcome.

I've been in self enforced quarantine for the last 16 years since retirement (ha ha) and have nothing but time. Joy of reading is a gift for which I am most thankful.

Joe,

Good question! The same can be said for Vitamin D. It only takes 33 people supplementing with Vitamin D to prevent a single case of the flu, while 40 must be vaccinated to achieve the same. But you won't hear that anywhere. It's all about the vaccine.

I suspect the answer to your question is Big Pharma $$$!

But no problemo! Vitamin C by mouth is just as effective.
Look at Table I and Figure 1 at the beginning of the vitamin C foundation article. Note the units are grams not milligrams. The immune response consumes massive amounts of vitamin C.
Joe
March 27, 2020 06:54AM
PC, MD
Joe,
Good question! The same can be said for Vitamin D. It only takes 33 people supplementing with Vitamin D to prevent a single case of the flu, while 40 must be vaccinated to achieve the same. But you won't hear that anywhere. It's all about the vaccine.

Unfortunately it is big pharma - not saying that they are all bad but business and shareholder responsibility comes first.
I base my conclusion on a talk given by Dr Rath. Unfortunately it is in German but he talks slowly. [www.youtube.com]
If you have any ref for the number to treat, PC,MD, i would appreciate. So far (i'm 70) i've had not had a flu injection because i figure it is not effective enough for getting the ajuvants as a 'bonus'. No, i'm not an anti-vaccsersmiling smiley
March 27, 2020 07:13AM
Not to politicize this, but with COVID issues globally, I would imagine the campaign for Mandatory vaccines will be at a level we have not yet seen.
March 27, 2020 04:06PM
I have search the internet somewhat comprehensively for the reference on the NNT for vitamin D supplementation versus the vaccine.

I think it was a British study and Dr. Mercola references it on his website.

And yes we all better buckle our collective seatbelts. Never let a good crisis go to waste. Mandatory vaccines will be the least of it.
March 27, 2020 05:33PM
For the 33 v 40 NNT ref

[vitamindwiki.com]–%20Feb%202017
Joe
March 27, 2020 07:11PM
Hmmm, page not found. Hope it's not censored!
Found this NNT for flu vaccine: 12 to 37 [www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov]
Ah, think i found the one you mean? [www.europereloaded.com]
Given that it is on the Mercola site some in their wisdom will reflexively reject iteye rolling smileysmiling smiley
Flu injections are an attempt to treat the symptom (and make money) once again.
Interesting perspective and history by Dr Greger from many years ago: [nutritionfacts.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/27/2020 07:20PM by Joe.
March 28, 2020 01:55AM
Sorry about that Joe

This webpage is great for all things Vitamin D.

[vitamindwiki.com]
Joe
March 28, 2020 03:02AM
Not at all PC,MD. All good, thanks for the link!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login