Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Benign Prostate Enlargement cure?

Posted by Sam 
Sam
Benign Prostate Enlargement cure?
February 23, 2020 11:15AM
Does anyone have experience with or knowledge of natural or drug treatments for this? ((I,m very familiar with operations for the condition).
Re: Benign Prostate Enlargement cure?
February 23, 2020 06:32PM
Hi Sam - Do on online search for high-dose Vitamin C for BPH. I've just reminded in another post on Vitamin C
about the efficacy of the lipospheric form of Vitamin C and the dosing equivalencies that allow for tolerate for much higher dosing with this form. Send me a PM and I can direct you to some of the links on the Liposomal C.

Jackie
February 23, 2020 06:45PM
Sam
February 25, 2020 07:24AM
Thanks for the answers.

Sam
February 26, 2020 12:43AM
Earth Clinic has one of its remedies that use apple cider vinegar..This link brings you straight to it. Go through all the others also. [archive.earthclinic.com]
Enlarged prostate might mean there is an infection in the prostate causing enlargement of the prostate, unrelated to cancer.
February 26, 2020 02:53PM
Interesting article thank you George. How much red meat do you consume per week please?
Sam
February 27, 2020 12:04PM
I've tried apple cider vinegar but sadly no benefit. I eat organic beef once or twice a week.

Sam
February 28, 2020 05:48PM
Could a subtle infection in the prostate causing enlargement of the prostate. Root Canals / Lyme disease. Lyme mimics just about everything out there.
March 01, 2020 09:29AM
Sam
Does anyone have experience with or knowledge of natural or drug treatments for this? ((I,m very familiar with operations for the condition).

Hans Larsen (the founder of this site) wrote a book, The Prostate and its Problems.

It is available on Kindle for about $8.00 US.

Not on BPH, but on prostate cancer, Hans recently wrote this on his own journey.

mwcf
Interesting article thank you George. How much red meat do you consume per week please?

Mike, my animal protein is usually either shellfish or whitefish (usually shrimp or cod) around 8 oz/day. Sorry for the slow response. I don't check the General Health section as frequently.
March 01, 2020 05:38PM
Thanks George. Really interesting article by Hans too. I have BPH but fortunately no issues and still very low PSA at 0.6 Mg/ml a few months ago (age 59). I already eat lots of cruciferous veggies, mushrooms (incl. shitake) and take curcumin and K2.
March 01, 2020 06:40PM
mwcf
Thanks George. Really interesting article by Hans too. I have BPH but fortunately no issues and still very low PSA at 0.6 Mg/ml a few months ago (age 59). I already eat lots of cruciferous veggies, mushrooms (incl. shitake) and take curcumin and K2.

0.6 is low, I recall reading an article saying that if you were 60 (or 62) and your PSA was <2 then your probability of dying of prostate cancer was very low. My most recent test (Nov) was 0.3 (I'm 64).

George
March 02, 2020 08:25AM
GeorgeN

0.6 is low, I recall reading an article saying that if you were 60 (or 62) and your PSA was <2 then your probability of dying of prostate cancer was very low. My most recent test (Nov) was 0.3 (I'm 64).

George

Thanks for that George. 0.3 is IMPRESSIVE!
Sam
March 02, 2020 11:30AM
Thanks Todd but no. I've got normal BHP as have 50% of men over 50 and 90% of those over 80.

Sam
March 03, 2020 09:29AM
Being over 80 y/o and having BPH from perhaps 70 on and prostate cancer treatment last year I've spent more time than I'd tike to on tables and in waiting rooms talking with people who have various degrees of expertise and esperience in this area.

The conclusion I came away with is that the older most men get the higher their PSA tests. Under 4 for a 70 years old is good but what really gets the Urologists going is the rate of increase of the PSA. A doubling in any 6 month or even 1 year period is a cause for concern, particularly when the doubling gets the number over 4 which it probably indicates that its time for an MRI.

The annual digital rectal exam can only catch cancers in the area the finger can feel. None of my cancers were in that area. My PSA ran around 3 until my late 70's and I ended up with some of the cancers being Gleason 8 so don't let anyone tell you that you don't need your PSA checked regularly at any age.

Gordon

(I think George's prostate should be extracted and kept in a jar of formaldehyde for study at a university.)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login