Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Important Lesson From the Spanish Flu Pandemic of 1918

Posted by Todd 
Important Lesson From the Spanish Flu Pandemic of 1918
February 01, 2020 05:34PM
[www.youtube.com]

Today, I want to share a little bit about what I learned from the Spanish Flu Pandemic of 1918.

This is an interesting story about an incredibly deadly flu. It’s estimated that the Spanish flu caused 50 to 100 million deaths worldwide.

Interesting things about the 1918 flu pandemic:

1. They didn’t really die from the virus itself. The majority of deaths occurred because of:

• ARDS

• Super infection

2. Many of these deaths involved people in their 20’s. Why?

• People were getting too much aspirin.

• Four years earlier, there was a huge shift in diet. There was a lot more canned food, which decreases zinc in food. There also wasn’t much of a variety of food available. This caused nutritional deficiencies.

• The 1918 Spanish flu pandemic occurred in January, which is the peak time for vitamin D deficiencies In the winter months, the risk of illnesses like upper respiratory infections goes way up.

What is the main thing I’ve learned from the flu pandemic? — The importance of nutrition. There is a link between nutritional deficiencies and health problems. Getting the nutrients you need is one of the most important factors in preventing health problems.
Re: Important Lesson From the Spanish Flu Pandemic of 1918
February 01, 2020 06:18PM
So Aspirin "thins" the blood, what about people that are on blood thinners and get this flu?

Therefore, by artificially lowering fever with aspirin, infection multiplied and spread to internal organs. Aspirin also “thins” the blood causing the lungs to develop a dangerous buildup of fluid. Now we have a perfect medium for germ growth. Therefore, autopsies from 1918 flu or Spanish Flu victims did not reveal death from viral infection but from “wet” or “hemorrhagic” lungs and pulmonary edema.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login