Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Alert for Cold and Flu Season

Posted by Jackie 
Alert for Cold and Flu Season
January 24, 2020 01:59PM
Reminder/Awareness Alert for Staying Healthy in Cold and Flu Season

This is not new info, but since we are currently faced with some extremely virulent, new strains of viruses and other bugs, I’m offering a reminder on the effectiveness of the patented, liposomal/lipospheric form of Vitamin C. There are many previous posts on the topic, but since we have many new readers and now, this new wave of viruses … it’s worth a reminder. ( note: links below to previous posts).

Also, I was recently reminded that for women now over the age of 50 who having had chicken pox (Varicella zoster virus) when they were younger, it places them at an increased risk of having a shingles outbreak. Shingles is the Herpes zoster virus.

The person who reminded me was doing research for blunting his highly-symptomatic outbreak of shingles.
And, once again, research indicates that the lipospheric form of Vitamin C in elevated doses is highly effective… as are IV infusions but availability for that is not often easy to access; whereas, the Lipo C definitely is and is ‘portable.’

Those people considered ‘senior citizens’ should be especially aware of the importance of protection from cold and flu season ‘bugs’ that can be extremely aggressive when immune systems are sub-par.

A friend who is 84 thought she just had a nasty cold… early December. It progressed to a really nasty cough and while she kept active, after about 3 weeks of a downhill spiral, she was diagnosed with pneumonia and given a course of antibiotics. She went back for assessment about 10 days later… although the cough was better, it wasn’t gone. She was told not to go outside the house/ do very little in the way of activity/ and to check back in 2 weeks for a chest xray to see if the lungs were clear. Meanwhile, her husband developed something and is quite ill. They’ve previously had the pneumonia vaccine. She had the xrays and lungs are clear but she still has no energy and the cough is fading but not gone.

Also I recently learned of a local pet store owner, age 77, who became ill and hospitalized.
Diagnosis: Pneumonia…antibiotics… Died – 2 days later.

So… I’m reminding my family, friends and forum readers about the power of Lipospheric Vitamin C… taken daily… is a good preventive measure and with increased dosing during the cold/flu season. Some time ago, I spread the word to many friends and acquaintances and they all report they would not want to be without a stash of Lipo C. I always order an extra supply at the start of the cold/flu season. This year, I’m taking a double dose daily… one morning/one at night and I’ll increase at the first hint of any suspect symptoms. I rely on it as does my family. It works.

Now, the basics … The book by Board Certified Cardiologist, Thomas E. Levy, MD, JD… title:
Primal Panacea covers the efficacy of this highly concentrated form of vitamin C in a lipospheric delivery form. Here’s a quick overview with Dr. Levy in an informal interview with Jonathan Landsman (health awareness advocate)… worth noting if you aren’t familar with LipoC.

[www.naturalhealth365.com]

This link offers more clips on the topic.

Many posts on the Lipo C topic in the AF forum
[www.afibbers.org]

LivOn Laboratories sells the Lipo-Spheric ™ Vitamin C online…
That’s the one I’ve relied upon for many years.
www.livonlabs.com

Dosing Equivalencies (excerpt from Primal Panacea – page 133)
“Because liposome-encapsulated vitamin C is considerably more bioavailable than
All other oral forms, especially as dose sizes increase, the following substitution
Schedule provides approximate values:
• 1,000 mg liposomal = 3,000 – 4,000 mg powder
• 2,000 mg liposomal = 8,000 – 10,000 mg powder
• 3,000 mg liposomal = 12,000 – 18,000 mg powder” end quote.

Be aware that this liposomal form may seem pricey. Beware of cheaper versions that don't have the creds of that LivOn product. To me, it’s worth every penny and a whole lot more! In the archived posts, you can see my story about high dosing when I had elevated lab markers for Lyme disease. No side effects and now bowel tolerance issues.

Good health to all.

Jackie

PS. One of my LivOn orders included a brochure listing the study findings of the lipospheric C efficacy as found referenced in Primal Panacea by Dr. Levy.

Here are a few:

….high consumption levels tied to major reduction of all causes of mortality - International Journal of Epidemiology

….lowers serum cholesterol - Atherosclerosis

…protects arteries from plaque buildup. – Journal des Practiciens

…cures 327 out of 327 cases of shingles in days rather than weeks – American Journal of Clinical Nutrition

…kills herpes viruses on contact – Journal of Clinical Microbiology

….saves boy accidentally sprayed by crop duster with lethal pesticide; untreated friend dies after 5 days – Journal of Applied Nutrition

… high blood levels linked to 50% drop in mortality for all causes – Lancet

These are some of the over 2,000 study citations in Primal Panacea.

Other books by Dr. Levy include:
Curing the Incurable: Vitamin C, Infectious Diseases and Toxins
Stop America’s #1 Killer
Death by Calcium
Magnesium – Reversing Disease
Hidden Epidemic: Silent Oral Infections Cause Most Heart Attacks and Breast Cancers
Toxic Tooth
Re: Alert for Cold and Flu Season
January 24, 2020 10:53PM
Looks like we need to stock up on Lipo C . The statement below came from another website.
Don't forget: The coronavirus is ONLY THE COMMON COLD. They can't say "cold virus" because that's not spooky enough. Hey folks, the cold is going around in China.
This video may help. Chinese Coronavirus: What to Know & What to Do.[www.youtube.com] . He goes on about protecting your mucus membraines, eyes/with goggles, nose, mouth, etc. Keep your ears plugged up to. The easiest one.
P.S. Go through some of the comments below the video. Here are a few good ones we may want to search more.

In addition to what you said, I think it’s important to boost your immune system as an added precaution: get enough sleep every night, take vitamin C, elderberry pills (keto) and elderberry syrup (for kids), vitamin D3/K2, and probiotic foods (lots of keto friendly choices like sauerkraut and pickles), etc etc.

And take your Vitamin D3 everyone. Viruses hate that. Search it more.
January 25, 2020 10:46AM
Jackie
Reminder/Awareness Alert for Staying Healthy in Cold and Flu Season

This is not new info, but since we are currently faced with some extremely virulent, new strains of viruses and other bugs, I’m offering a reminder on the effectiveness of the patented, liposomal/lipospheric form of Vitamin C. There are many previous posts on the topic, but since we have many new readers and now, this new wave of viruses … it’s worth a reminder. ( note: links below to previous posts).

Also, I was recently reminded that for women now over the age of 50 who having had chicken pox (Varicella zoster virus) when they were younger, it places them at an increased risk of having a shingles outbreak. Shingles is the Herpes zoster virus.

The person who reminded me was doing research for blunting his highly-symptomatic outbreak of shingles.
And, once again, research indicates that the lipospheric form of Vitamin C in elevated doses is highly effective… as are IV infusions but availability for that is not often easy to access; whereas, the Lipo C definitely is and is ‘portable.’

Those people considered ‘senior citizens’ should be especially aware of the importance of protection from cold and flu season ‘bugs’ that can be extremely aggressive when immune systems are sub-par.

A friend who is 84 thought she just had a nasty cold… early December. It progressed to a really nasty cough and while she kept active, after about 3 weeks of a downhill spiral, she was diagnosed with pneumonia and given a course of antibiotics. She went back for assessment about 10 days later… although the cough was better, it wasn’t gone. She was told not to go outside the house/ do very little in the way of activity/ and to check back in 2 weeks for a chest xray to see if the lungs were clear. Meanwhile, her husband developed something and is quite ill. They’ve previously had the pneumonia vaccine. She had the xrays and lungs are clear but she still has no energy and the cough is fading but not gone.

Also I recently learned of a local pet store owner, age 77, who became ill and hospitalized.
Diagnosis: Pneumonia…antibiotics… Died – 2 days later.

So… I’m reminding my family, friends and forum readers about the power of Lipospheric Vitamin C… taken daily… is a good preventive measure and with increased dosing during the cold/flu season. Some time ago, I spread the word to many friends and acquaintances and they all report they would not want to be without a stash of Lipo C. I always order an extra supply at the start of the cold/flu season. This year, I’m taking a double dose daily… one morning/one at night and I’ll increase at the first hint of any suspect symptoms. I rely on it as does my family. It works.

Now, the basics … The book by Board Certified Cardiologist, Thomas E. Levy, MD, JD… title:
Primal Panacea covers the efficacy of this highly concentrated form of vitamin C in a lipospheric delivery form. Here’s a quick overview with Dr. Levy in an informal interview with Jonathan Landsman (health awareness advocate)… worth noting if you aren’t familar with LipoC.

This link offers more clips on the topic.

Many posts on the Lipo C topic in the AF forum
[www.afibbers.org]

LivOn Laboratories sells the Lipo-Spheric ™ Vitamin C online…
That’s the one I’ve relied upon for many years.
www.livonlabs.com

Dosing Equivalencies (excerpt from Primal Panacea – page 133)
“Because liposome-encapsulated vitamin C is considerably more bioavailable than
All other oral forms, especially as dose sizes increase, the following substitution
Schedule provides approximate values:
• 1,000 mg liposomal = 3,000 – 4,000 mg powder
• 2,000 mg liposomal = 8,000 – 10,000 mg powder
• 3,000 mg liposomal = 12,000 – 18,000 mg powder” end quote.

Be aware that this liposomal form may seem pricey. Beware of cheaper versions that don't have the creds of that LivOn product. To me, it’s worth every penny and a whole lot more! In the archived posts, you can see my story about high dosing when I had elevated lab markers for Lyme disease. No side effects and now bowel tolerance issues.

Good health to all.

Jackie

PS. One of my LivOn orders included a brochure listing the study findings of the lipospheric C efficacy as found referenced in Primal Panacea by Dr. Levy.

Here are a few:

….high consumption levels tied to major reduction of all causes of mortality - International Journal of Epidemiology

….lowers serum cholesterol - Atherosclerosis

…protects arteries from plaque buildup. – Journal des Practiciens

…cures 327 out of 327 cases of shingles in days rather than weeks – American Journal of Clinical Nutrition

…kills herpes viruses on contact – Journal of Clinical Microbiology

….saves boy accidentally sprayed by crop duster with lethal pesticide; untreated friend dies after 5 days – Journal of Applied Nutrition

… high blood levels linked to 50% drop in mortality for all causes – Lancet

These are some of the over 2,000 study citations in Primal Panacea.

Other books by Dr. Levy include:
Curing the Incurable: Vitamin C, Infectious Diseases and Toxins
Stop America’s #1 Killer
Death by Calcium
Magnesium – Reversing Disease
Hidden Epidemic: Silent Oral Infections Cause Most Heart Attacks and Breast Cancers
Toxic Tooth

Can't access the LivOn labs site??
January 25, 2020 01:26PM
Hi Jackie,

I had a very bad cough last year which went on for months, so I ordered Dr Mercola brand of liposomal VitC from iherb, not realizing I hadn't purchased the LivOn brand you recommend. Anyway because I had them, I took them and within a week my cough had cleared up.
I took two a day one, in the morning and one at night. Although they are cheaper, they seem to work ok. I was taking normal VitC previously with no effect.
I then read a bad review by LivOn about Dr Mercola product, so I contacted Dr Mercola help line and asked if there was any truth in the bad report and they said no, and that you should take their product with a glass of water.

I have since read that you can get even better supper charged results if taken with a lemon and honey drink.

I wish there was a reviewer who could give these products a score, like a 5 stars rating.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/25/2020 01:39PM by colindo.
January 25, 2020 03:56PM
Thanks, Todd. I agree about the elderberry/Sambucca benefits although I would not want to rely solely upon that for this current new trend of new virual strains.

Definitely, it's important to have optimal Vitamin C levels continually... and boost above that if there is a suspect exposure.
Optimizing Vitamin D levels also helps optimize immune function.

Hi Colin - Glad you were able to clear up your cough quickly.

My only experience is with the LivOn product and as I recall it was the first such Vit. C product to be offered in the highly efficient delivery form...ie the liposome when I began taking a number of years ago. The literature talked about the efficacy of the "smart Lyposomal Nano-Spheres" which provide 100% bio-availability because they 'slip through the intestinal barrier without restriction.

I shared that info with family, friends and other afibbers who immediately began the regimen as well... taking daily as a routine and then increasing in dosage at the first hint of a trouble/symptom. I had always taken daily doses of various types of supplemental ascorbic acid and when I heard a webinar on this one... it just made sense.

Jackie
January 27, 2020 10:07PM
katesshadow

Try this.
January 28, 2020 11:00AM
GeorgeN

Try this.

Thank you - it worked and I ordered !
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login