Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

The blood thinner cure

Posted by Elizabeth 
The blood thinner cure
January 18, 2020 12:05AM
There is a book written by Dr. Kenneth Kensey called 'The Blood Thinner Cure" he says that giving blood a couple of times a year thins your blood, there was a study in Finland saying that those that gave blood had less heart attacks and strokes. The more red blood cells you have the thicker your blood.

[www.powells.com]

Liz
Re: The blood thinner cure
January 22, 2020 06:08PM
Hi Liz - Always an important topic. That book was published in 2001. Dr. Kensey was involved with the pioneering organization he founded (Rheologics) in the fields of hemodynamics and interventional cardiology... and I recall that Dr. Ralph Holsworth had worked with him in that regard. Dr. H. was developing his form of nattokinase - the profibrinolytic enzyme. He always had good things to say Dr. Kensey's research findings.

Dr. Kensey died in an auto accident (2009), as I recall. Here's a more current report on the dynamics of hemorheology that helps elaborate on the initial findings and explains the viscosity issue relating to shear stress and "thick, sticky blood issues" as I recall. We did have a thread going back on the forum about this back then. but don't know if the link is still active.

Jackie
-

[holisticprimarycare.net]-

Title: Blood Viscosity: The Unifying Parameter In Cardiovascular Disease Risk
Wednesday, 29 February 2012 18:14 By Ralph E. Holsworth, Jr., DO & Jonathan V. Wright, MD - Vol. 13, No. 1. Spring, 2012

A quick search on the PubMed database reveals nearly 1,000 scientific papers linking blood viscosity to cardiovascular disease events and risk factors.
Re: The blood thinner cure
January 22, 2020 07:51PM
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login