Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Kris Kristofferson’s Wife Talks About Misdiagnosis of Lyme Disease

Posted by Todd 
Kris Kristofferson’s Wife Talks About Misdiagnosis of Lyme Disease
November 19, 2019 07:46PM
Here is a search of his illness. Lots of websites talking about it. May stumble across something new.
[duckduckgo.com]

[www.cmt.com]
by Alison Bonaguro 7/8/2016 3 years ago.
For years, country music icon Kris Kristofferson thought he had Alzheimer’s disease.

But earlier this year, a new doctor came up with a new diagnosis: Lyme disease.

In a recent interview with the Huffington Post, Kristofferson’s wife Lisa said she’s relieved to finally have answers that make more sense.

Even though his doctors were good about his care, she says of his misdiagnosis, “Nobody was finding the cause or connecting the dots.”

“The neurologist suggested anti-seizure medications for passing out, the fibromyalgia doctor was giving him antidepressants for his body pain, his cardiologist gave him a pacemaker for his cardiac arrhythmias, his knees were sore, so he got annual shots from his orthopedist,” she said. “It wasn’t until I took him to the integrative doctor, Dr. [Mark] Filidei, that he looked at everything and said, ‘This looks like Lyme disease.’

“I’m just so grateful that he is so much better now. And I feel really lucky that our doctors are willing to work with our Lyme-literate doctor. I know that is not always the case.”

She admits that at 80, Kristofferson is not immortal and that they both have their deficits they can laugh about.

“But there’s not that big black void ahead of us anymore,” she said. “He is so much better now than he was three years ago.”

Still, they know this new diagnosis is no picnic.

“We make the best of it because Lyme is so tragic that if you don’t have something to counterbalance the sadness of that, it’ll take you down. The more we can get Kris to laugh, the healthier he is. Being on the road, the laughter, the music,” she said. “It’s great medicine.”

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/19/2019 09:28PM by Todd.
Re: Kris Kristofferson’s Wife Talks About Misdiagnosis of Lyme Disease
November 26, 2019 10:16PM
“It wasn’t until I took him to the integrative doctor, Dr. [Mark] Filidei, that he looked at everything and said, ‘This looks like Lyme disease.’ Here is a search of the doctor. [www.google.com] .Here is one of his video's on Lyme. [www.youtube.com]
A lot more video's to the side we all need to look at.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/26/2019 10:30PM by Todd.
Re: Kris Kristofferson’s Wife Talks About Misdiagnosis of Lyme Disease
December 09, 2019 05:29PM
Ive battled LD for 3 years now and afib for 10. Possibly had LD earlier and not diagnosed. There are those now who I refer to as LD Alarmists. Every physical issue you have is related to LD. The parallels of MS, ALS and MD to LD are surprising however. Eventually, if you are diligent, your immune system will defeat LD. Of course there are some medications and supplements you can jump start your system with, but at some point your body needs to take over on its own.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login