Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

toenail fungus

Posted by Elizabeth 
toenail fungus
October 04, 2019 03:26PM
I have a couple of toes that have toe nail fungus, I just can't get rid of it. Anybody have any solutions?

thanks
Liz
Re: toenail fungus
October 05, 2019 08:47AM
This is what i used and it worked fast. Vampire Fungus:/ Pythium oligandrum Natural cure for nail fungus, athlete's Foot, ringworm and jock itch. [owndoc.shop]
It will come from the Czech Republic. It took 2 1/2 wks for me to get it. That was 4 years ago.
Your toe or fingernail will need to be sealed up with a Finger Cover / Finger Cots, while its doing its thing. I had it in my big toe, and these finger cots were not big enough. I got some disposable rubber gloves and cut the thumb part off and used it.
EarthClinic has lots of remedies. [earthclinic.com]
P.S. Try sealing it up with a finger cot, with any of these other remedies your may want to try while waiting for it, if you order it.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/07/2019 06:07AM by Todd.
October 06, 2019 03:06PM
Thanks Todd:

I will try some of those remedies that are listed and if they don't work, I will send for that toenail fungus cure from overseas.

Liz
October 08, 2019 08:53AM
I've had it for over 40 years, tried everything, including laser treatment, topical and oral fungicides. Some of them worked for perhaps 6 months but it always came back. I even changed all my sheets and footwear after one, "successful" period but it still came back.

My Dermatologist, who also has it, has been experimenting with different solutions for several years, too.

Whomever comes up with a solution to this will retire a multimillionaire many times over and deservedly so, IMHO.

Gordon
October 08, 2019 10:55AM
Hi Liz - You can search online for Essential Oil of Oregano and toenail fungus .... While I've not had the experience personally, I had studied a lot when learning about the efficacy of essential oils at least 20 years ago. I've used various forms and have many favorites for various applications ever since.

Be aware that there are a lot of EOs on the market today and many are highly diluted and almost 'fake' replications of the original EOs... such as those from Young Living which is the one I prefer. They are more pricey, but also high quality, pure and concentrated. Typically, you dilute them with a carrier oil that makes the bottle last much longer and more economical.

If you would decide to use...just be aware that the scent of the oregano oil lingers so you may not like that effect with oregano... whereas with Lavender, you'll love it that fragrance.

Here's a search link that includes the Young Living site that indicates success in adding Melaleuca concentrate to a carrier oil. For a carrier oil, I like fractionated coconut oil, Emu oil or jojoba oil.

Caution: wash your hands after applying the oil as it lingers and if you touch your eyes, it will burn.

[duckduckgo.com]

Hope you find success one way or the other.

Jackie
ron
October 17, 2019 08:45PM
My Dermatologist prescribed a topical called Fluconazole. It needs to be applied once a day along with a Antifungal Powder applied every 3-4 days to the shoes. It seems to work to prevent fungus on the new nails coming in. I have been doing it a couple of years now and am 75% better. My toenails seem to grow very slowly. I stopped for awhile and am now back on it. I would say it is worth trying. The solution cost about $85 for just an ounce or so which last about 6 months depending on how much is infected.
October 18, 2019 09:29AM
You need to be careful of side effects of any of the antifungual meds, although I suspect the side effects are less with topical application than taken orally, although it has to go through the nail and into the skin some way to work. I tried Diflucan with the same effect Ron has so I discontinued it after a year or so. I also tried laser treatment, twice, and each time that worked for about 6 months.

Here's a link to a discussion of the various fungual meds, their side effects and interactions with other meds:
[onlinelibrary.wiley.com]
October 18, 2019 05:15PM
Good article, thanks.

I do get something from my foot doc. called Clarus it has 1 % Tolnaftate, it keeps the fungus from getting bad but doesn't get rid of It.

Liz
October 19, 2019 09:27AM
Our Podiatrist just started selling Clarus as well. She said its not a permanent solution but should tame the fungus down a little.

In other words its a profit center for her.

You can also get it at Amazon - $45.00 for 15ml.
October 19, 2019 08:24PM
Here is the the instructions for using the Vampire Fungus. [owndoc.shop] Its not difficult to use it. You could use these instructions for some of the other remedies you may be trying.
With Xmas shopping season rite around the corner, order it sooner than later.
Like gghld said above Clarus is not a permanent solution. Almost 2 weeks have passed by since your first post.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login