Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Wheatbelly doc.

Posted by Elizabeth 
Wheatbelly doc.
September 15, 2019 01:52PM
I noticed that dr. Davis, author of, Wheat belly, looked kind of chunky and looked him up, I also don't agree with him, this is what I found:

[www.scribd.com]

On the AF board there is posted a good report on Dr. Davis.

Liz
Joe
Re: Wheatbelly doc.
September 15, 2019 07:37PM
While a lot of the article makes some sense, i stopped reading when the author confuses ketosis on a high fat low carb diet with ketoacidosis.
Not that i know for certain one way or the other as to the efficacy of a 'Keto' diet (of which there are quite a few varieties) it does help control hyperglycemia. My main concern with 'Keto' is a likely low fiber intake. Wonder if there is a potential problem of stimulating too much m-Tor as well?
Re: Wheatbelly doc.
September 17, 2019 02:01PM
You're right, Liz... when I first started reading Dr. Davis... I was impressed but as time when on... there were numerous flaws in his messages about what the majority of functional medicine MDs use as dietary guidelines. While it's still true that many people need to avoid wheat as well as gluten, that's often just not enough and one needs to limit all grains and focus on reducing a high carb count... especially those who aren't active enough to burn off the excess carbs.

As is so often the case, it's not simply a 'one-size fits all' approach when it comes to a dietary plan that is tailored to one's unique makeup. Reliably testing the critical markers becomes essential so that we can manage our diet and remain healthy as the years add up.

Jackie
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login